Let me first state that I'm in love with everything Jersey Surf, the only problem is i'm nervous i won't be able to audition into it for bass drum. My parents want me to do Raiders because my dad works up in wayne and it is less money. I want to do Jersey Surf because from what I hear they are much better and they seem to be better run. Just give me some pointers and your experience, thank you.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Plus Gold top
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
I'm auditioning for Carolina Crown later this month on euphonium. The only advice I can give is get the audition packet early as possible, and practice and practice and practice until you can play it with your eyes closed with no mistakes, and following every guideline they give. Good luck though.
I am an euphonium player too(but really a trombonist, but euphonium is what I march)! I am auditioning for the Orlando Magic. Everything Coffeeguy9 said is the truth, just practice, practice, practice. Also understand if you make it the actual commitment you are making towards that corps, its a huge under-taking.
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
Last edited by bob311 at Nov 15, 2007,
I marched with Capital Regiment in 2006! Its great to see more corps people on this board...I'm audition for Glassmen on Soprano!
[Q
Quote by Flight 101
Attacks: Come on, it's Hitler!
Yeah that's what i figured. Yes i do know the commitment. That seems to be the biggest thing they're looking for. oh, does anyone else march better in running shoes than dinkles? Me and my friend do, i don't know haha.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Plus Gold top
Ibanez RDGR bass
Kramer Focus111s
.88mm
Glass slide
i'm in high school on my drumline. i would say go with the one you'd enjoy more because its pointless to do something you will end up hating.

edit:also chemistry is important try to meet everyon in both groups to see what they're like.
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Last edited by cm_punk_fan at Nov 15, 2007,