So we were jamming and i turned down my guitar and i could hear french radio coming out of my amp. It would only work when i had my distortion pedal on and the wah pedal around mid range. When i turned the eq to bass-0 mid-5 high-7 and volume down to 2 it was clearer. Anyone have this happen to them before? It was really weird.
ROCK ON AND LIVE IT UP
Quote by john09
So we were jamming and i turned down my guitar and i could hear french radio coming out of my amp. It would only work when i had my distortion pedal on and the wah pedal around mid range. When i turned the eq to bass-0 mid-5 high-7 and volume down to 2 it was clearer. Anyone have this happen to them before? It was really weird.

I've totally seen that happen, it's ****ed up, same situation, jamming with a friend he turns on his amp and I hear CBC radio, he has a Roland Cube 60, and a zack wylde cry-baby, pretty cool
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
lol why does every amp pick up FRENCH radio lol, i could picture it now, playing a show and BAM french just comes on. lol umm if anyhting just make sure your practise area is grounded and make sure its far away from microwaves and old t.v's just liitle things like that
Is this what you heard?
J'abandonne, tu as gagné.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Carswell98
I've totally seen that happen, it's ****ed up, same situation, jamming with a friend he turns on his amp and I hear CBC radio, he has a Roland Cube 60, and a zack wylde cry-baby, pretty cool

I also was using a zack wylde crybaby. maybe that's the key!!!
ROCK ON AND LIVE IT UP
Quote by Jackal58
Is this what you heard?
J'abandonne, tu as gagné.

no... no it wasent...
ROCK ON AND LIVE IT UP
No, maybe the key is poor shielding on your gear.

Oh, and there's been one of these threads every day the last three days I've been no here. It's nothing special, sorry to disappoint you.
Is it a solid state amp? cuz when i was using a solid state that would happen to me sometimes, but my JCM2000 doesnt do that anymore with the same effects and the same cab, so im guessing its just unavoidable, especially because stuff like that has to comply with regulations about interference, like it has to accept any interference and not put out any.
Gear --

Gibson Les Paul Special

Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 half stack

Dunlop Crybaby + Various Boss Pedals
with my digitech whammy, fuzz factory, digitech df-7, and my guitar volume turned down i can pick clear as day radio, sometimes radio stations from my area, sometimes korean or chinese radio, and sometimes like r & b and opera stations, i've picked up a bunch of different stations instead of just one. it's pretty tight
i always pick up DC 101(rock station in wash. dc) when i have my wah all the way forward and my guitar turned down. i dont mind though because its not very loud at all and they play some ok music
EDIT-i have a dunlop original cry baby btw
Last edited by irishpyro11 at Nov 15, 2007,
Yeah happened to me too. I just thought it was because my crapppy Fender Frontman 15g sucks.
OMG i have a zakk wylde wah and it does it also. zakk is the key to radio through your amp
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
my camera makes noises and my amp picks them up sometimes
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
Quote by john09
no... no it wasent...

Then it wasn't from France.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
It's happened to me before. It's possible for those amps to pick up unwanted frequencies along with other electronic devices.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Yeah dude, if you point your remote's signal-putter-outter at a pick up and press a button, it makes a crazy sound. And if you hold an MP3 player with a hard drive up to the pick up, you can hear the hard drive spinning up. No surprise that the radio would be picked up.
Quote by denied
now i want to figure out how to do this :P
could be an awesome party trick haha

It's really not hard.
You either get a crap amp, or an amp with poor shielding and place numerous microphonic objects nearby to it, or take it near some form of signal-emitting device and play about with the gain settings.
Quote by MustangMan311
Yeah dude, if you point your remote's signal-putter-outter at a pick up and press a button, it makes a crazy sound. And if you hold an MP3 player with a hard drive up to the pick up, you can hear the hard drive spinning up. No surprise that the radio would be picked up.

I just tried the MP3 player thing, that was cool!
Didn't something like that happen to Hendrix at the Isle of Wight show? Like, midway through the drum solo in Machine Gun you can hear his amps picking up the radio signals from like security personnel or something? Sounded pretty cool.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
My AMP goes nuts whenever my cell rings, same with the speakers on my comp. Don't get it.