Well I'm planning on getting a Mexican Strat. I have played them and I just adore them to death but one tiny problem came to me. I wasn't crazy over the pups. I wanted a bit more distortion and a classic tone out of them. Able to play Clapton, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Our Lady Peace, a bit of Sum 41 also. Stuff like Classic Rock, Rock, & a little Punk. I need them mostly based for Rock & Classic Rock though. They also need to sound great clean. I've been looking at many fender sets like the Fat 50s, Noiseless, Texas Special, & Custom '69s.

Can you help?
Thanks a bunch.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
I've put in my strat (it's a usa tho) the seymour duncan hot rails, vintage rails and cool rails ....with this combo you can get anything from crystal clear clean sound ..to really high distorted sound ... not very good for metal tho ...but I dont like metal anyway. For a sum41 sound the hot rail is great ;D ...then if you want a pepper tone use the vintage and for a clapton a cool rail

just my opinion
How would you like to be an egg? You only get laid once. It takes 4 minutes to get hard, 2 minutes to get soft. You share your box with 9 other guys. But worst of all: the only chick that ever sat on your face was your mother. So cheer up...
id say get a Fat Strat instead of a normal strat. Then maybe put in a PAF-type pickup instead of the Fender humbucker, and u should be fine.
^ I dislike their singles too so I'd need to replace them also.

Adry007: Thanks a bunch. I will look at them right away.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
^ I dislike their singles too so I'd need to replace them also.

Adry007: Thanks a bunch. I will look at them right away.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
A lot of MIM strats can be turned into fat strats by replacing the pickgard and changing the pickups. Given that nearly all of the bands you listed use humbuckers I think you need a humbucker. A paf like the duncan 59 will probably be your cheapest choice for a good all around classic rock humbucker and it's a good pickup but if you want to spend a little more you can still do better than the 59.

The best classic rock single coils depend on what amp you have and whether you want late 50's early 60's style classic rock tone or if you want late 60's style tone. Most of your texas rockers and blues guys used 50's style singles and the only way to get those is by hand winding them. The late 60's style singles don't need to be hand wound but they do sound better if they are. Late 60's style pickups also sound much MUCH more authentic if they are wound with PE wire rather than poly. To get the best you have to pay the price.

I can be more specific but I need to know what amp you have, how much you have to spend, and what vintage flavore do you want from your singles.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by qotsa1998
id say get a Fat Strat instead of a normal strat. Then maybe put in a PAF-type pickup instead of the Fender humbucker, and u should be fine.

+1
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.