So it was a long story that involved a bass guitar and poor judgment and lying on my friends part but now the speakers in my 69 twin reverb are blown. It's a silverface. Its impedance is 4 ohms @ 135 watts. I was going to use these:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ELVEVM12LCLSC (ElectroVoice EVM12L's)
They're within the watt limits (they have 200 watts) and because I'm using two of them, with each having an impedance of 8 ohms, the two 8ohms will produce an impedance of 4 ohms, which is what my amp produces. Are there any other speakers you would recommend that would be cheaper but still give me the best possible tone appropriate for that amp?
Gibson LP studio premium plus
Epiphone LP Custom
Fender Mexi Strat
Jasmine acoustic-electric
69 Fender Twin Reverb (silverface)
Korg AX3000G
Well if you're going to be spending $200 on a speaker, I assume you want a very nice speaker. For around that price, I'd suggest something like a Tone Tubby. If you want to go cheaper, go with a Celestion (or WareHouse clone) or Eminance.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Well if you're going to be spending $200 on a speaker, I assume you want a very nice speaker. For around that price, I'd suggest something like a Tone Tubby. If you want to go cheaper, go with a Celestion (or WareHouse clone) or Eminance.

All right, thanks. But am I pretty much correct with my math? That 2 8 ohm speakers will produce 4 ohms of impedence? And what's the minimum watt rating that I should look for? Would it be 135 or ~60? I read somewhere that it was half of what your amp can produce for each speaker.
Gibson LP studio premium plus
Epiphone LP Custom
Fender Mexi Strat
Jasmine acoustic-electric
69 Fender Twin Reverb (silverface)
Korg AX3000G