ok, this is a sad low. But I need to know the difference between the Ibanez TRS trems (don't know what model, it just said TRS on it) and the ZR. I ask cause I'm looking at a really old S470 right now as a back up/whammy guitar and the trem said Ibanez TRS, which I'm assuming isn't the ZR. any insight is apprecitated (if it helps, the guy at the store thought it was 8 years old, i thought it was 6, this is a used guitar I found a decent deal on)
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
the TRS is the standard double locking, floyd rose style trem. it's god awful and WILL NOT stay in tune.

the ZR trem is a revolutionary new design that works by pivoting using ball bearings, and it has two sets of springs, instead of the conventional one. the second spring acts as a counter balance which constantly returns the trem to its Zero Point. and so, if set up properly and in tune. physics would suggest it cannot go out of tune.
of course it still does, but minimally.

go to the Ibanez forums for more information.

www.ibanez.com/forum
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Thanks for confirming what I thought. I haven't had a chance to try to work the trem due to the lack of a proper bar at the store. The guitar is 200, I'm going to try to haggle them down further due to the age and the crappyness of that trem, and hopefully just get my friend to reroute the bridge for a ZR (which I'll buy if I even get the guitar, I want a good trem).
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
I have a question too. Why in the hell do cheaper S series get the ZR but none of the RGs in the same price range do? Hell or any RG. I'd love to get an RG with a trem as my second guitar one day but I dont wanna have to spend $1000 to get away from the Edge3 pieces of crap.
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Goya/Martin G812 Acoustic
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ
Roland MicroCube
there are no $1000 ibz's that have edge III's. the highest costing ibz that has an edge III is the xiphos and that is $650. the lowest prestige ibz is the rg1570(i believe) and it has the edge pro...

edit: woops, misread. still, $750 gets you the rg1570.
Gear:
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric
Quote by Black Mesa
I have a question too. Why in the hell do cheaper S series get the ZR but none of the RGs in the same price range do? Hell or any RG. I'd love to get an RG with a trem as my second guitar one day but I dont wanna have to spend $1000 to get away from the Edge3 pieces of crap.

good question, i have no idea.

something to do with the scale of the guitars i think.

i've seen an Ibanez JS with the ZR trem though. verr nice.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by Black Mesa

i think the zr's are still quite cheap to make; from what i hear, their quality of materials is not amazing, just the fact that it runs on ball-bearings means it doesn't matter (while cheap knife edges wear quickly).

That's hearsay, though. It's also entirely possible ibanez might realise they're missing a (scabby) trick and put sub-par trems on the s320 and 470 at some point too- i mean it's not like an edge pro costs a lot more than an edge III anyway, it's still a marketing ploy.

Oh yeah, avoid the trs, it's horrible.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?