Okay, so I fixed my soundcard problem, now I noticed that my video card was auto updated. And you guessed it, it doesn't work properly. I can't set my resolution even moderately high nor can I run Aero. Wtf is wrong with Vista?

So I was told that my two week old computer needed to be reformatted. Microsoft sent me an update that messed up my computer. What is wrong with these people. Is there any way to 'reformat' without actually having to do that? System Restore fails no matter which Restore Point I choose so that is out of the question. I have tried uninstalling the driver in Safe Mode then reinstalling the older (working) version and that doesn't work either. I really don't want to lose my 60 gigs of music or buy an external HDD. Any help would be appreciated.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?~ck=mn

if you have a Dell....system specs for UG?
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Reinstall XP.

Quote by danielrobbyshor

I have been wanting to lately but they are too expensive.
Quote by danielrobbyshor

Despite the fact that Mac users make up only about what, 10% of the computer population, they still manage to be the loudest most obnoxious pricks I've ever seen on the internet.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by danielrobbyshor

macs suck, only hipster douches, and schools, buy macs
But uhh...
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Quote by Generalpwnt
Despite the fact that Mac users make up only about what, 10% of the computer population, they still manage to be the loudest most obnoxious pricks I've ever seen on the internet.

thank you. They think just because they have bright and shiny things that they are flat out better. They even argue thr virus protection route. But when it boils down to it, you can do anything you can do on a mac with a pc, but not vice versa (not counting parallels). PLus, a PC gives you more bang for your buck,
Dell Inspiron Notebook Duo Core 1.5Ghz 2gigs RAM 320gig HD. Vista Home Premium.
And I'd get a mac except I'm not a fag and Zune > Creative Zen >WAY WAY WAY> iPod.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
Dell Inspiron Notebook Duo Core 1.5Ghz 2gigs RAM 320gig HD. Vista Home Premium.
And I'd get a mac except I'm not a fag and Zune > Creative Zen >WAY WAY WAY> iPod.

iPods don't have great bang for the buck, I'll give you that. I bought a 4GB mini-iPod a few years ago, now they're selling 160GB video ones for the same price
Quote by 6079 Smith W

So besides getting a mac nobody has any other ideas?

I 'spose I need to buy an external HDD, anyone know any good cheap ones? I only need under 100gigs.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
I said I have been wanting to get a mac up a little. I changed my mind. I just have been mad because the new Zune software blows so hard.

To the TS: Just buy an internal HD. They are cheaper. Just get a low capacity one and copy all your music to it.
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=14&name=Internal-Hard-Drives
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Nov 15, 2007,
How can I copy my music over? I have a laptop so I can't install it into my PC.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
btw. if your obsessed with windows but you want the ownership of a mac, you can install windows XP on macs. It pwns. and macs can now with modern technology and the intel processors do just about anything a windows can do for standard in home computer use.

macs pwn. anyone who thinks differently give up.
Vista is a major pile of crap.
I have been telling my clients to not install Vista.
If you want Vista, wait until at least the 2nd service pack.
Stick with XP.

You can always burn your music to DVD. Take about 13 DVDs though.
I've come to the conclusion that noobs + vista = uber phailure.

I've had vista on my computer For about 8 months, never had a problem with it. Everything was compatible without any problem.
Quote by Freddedonna
I've come to the conclusion that noobs + vista = uber phailure.

I've had vista on my computer For about 8 months, never had a problem with it. Everything was compatible without any problem.

Vista + auto update = bad apparently
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Yeah like other people said can you put XP on the computer?
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Don't have XP, nor am I going to go buy it. I just find it really funny Microsoft would release an update that causes you to need a reformat after installing it.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
Vista + auto update = bad apparently

It's always been on auto update, never had to reformat.
Quote by Freddedonna
It's always been on auto update, never had to reformat.

me too.

I don't see people's problem with vista.

the only thing that annoys me is the windows sidebar that made the startup time sooo much longer. but guess what, I just disabled the bastard and carried on with life.

I even left user account control on in case my little brother gets on my laptop. I know what I'm doing but he doesn't and the extra 2 seconds it takes to click 'allow' doesn't annoy me. so when a big warning comes up he gets worried and chooses not do do whatever he was trying to do. which suits me just fine because he has his own computer to **** up so he shouldn't even be on mine.

that was more of a rant than I thought it'd be.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
dude i got an 500 gig external for storing all my music and movies and it cost me around $200 or less... which is pretty cheap considering thats so much storage space. you can probably find one on craigslist for pretty cheap too.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by danielrobbyshor

dont. you will have epic failz!!

i think microsoft have pretty much ****ed ur system...lol.. best idea i got is to repartition your drive and move your music on to the new partition or install linux on your new partition then move all of your music and videos and crap and never have microsoft ****ing up your system.

and xp will be hopeless since microsoft are cutting the support for it in december.. as far as i have heard anyway
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
why would you want a PC when you can get a mac and run windows on it at the same time? its like 2 O.S.'s in one. unless your a video gamer and need the best type of video game stuff on your computer.
i used to use PC my whole life, then i recently bought a mac. its much easier to use and simple and i can still run my windows on it if i ever need to. and i no longer get any of those annoying Window popups
Quote by Masonpwiley
Reinstall XP.

I have been wanting to lately but they are too expensive.

yea if you have problems with vista i suggest sticking XP back on there
for me, vista has been working fine except theres no drivers out for my recording card yet.
I really love how Mac users also use the fact that you can install Windows on a Mac as a selling point. If your Mac is so wonderful, why would I want to install Windows on it as well?

Vista for me has been working perfectly fine since I got it in August. It's been on auto-update and I've been fine.

Also all the new mp3 players are pretty much the same except the iPod has the most storage. I played with a Zune briefly and it sucked, I didn't like the Creative I used either. And anyways, neither of those have enough storage space for all the music and stuff I have.
Quote by i have to pee
I really don't want to lose my 60 gigs of music or buy an external HDD. Any help would be appreciated.

just get a couple of cds and burn your music to them as data files. just go into where ever you save your music and add the folders to the cd. you will be able to get alot more onto a cd then if you burned them so they would play in a cd player. get a few dvds and you could do this even quicker.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Here's what you do to keep the costs down and prevent future issues. First you just burn all your MP3's to DVD, this will take alot of DVDs but its not going to cost you $100 or anything like that, plus you have a nice backup for a bit.

Then before you reinstall Vista (assuming you still want Vista) you partition the drive in your computer to have an area thats like 30gigs and then other one with the rest of the space. Then you install Vista (and all your programs) to the 30gig section and leave all your Data and MP3's in the other section.

This way if you have this issue again all your data is separate and you can quickly and easily just reinstall windows without loosing everything. In a PC its even better to have 2 separate drives for this so if you by chance get a virus or something you can shut down unplug the data drive and then start up and deal with the virus without it having access to your data.
Quote by gibsonpenguin
I really love how Mac users also use the fact that you can install Windows on a Mac as a selling point. If your Mac is so wonderful, why would I want to install Windows on it as well?

Vista for me has been working perfectly fine since I got it in August. It's been on auto-update and I've been fine.

Also all the new mp3 players are pretty much the same except the iPod has the most storage. I played with a Zune briefly and it sucked, I didn't like the Creative I used either. And anyways, neither of those have enough storage space for all the music and stuff I have.

the reason why i installed windows on a mac is because there is this one expensice notation program that is made only for windows. so thats why. my Mac can still be wonderfull but there are some programs made just fir windows
Last edited by ultradogfromhel at Nov 16, 2007,