Ok, I think my guitar needs to have its truss rod adjusted (fret buzz on low E, and I have to have high action in order to stop it). I didn't want to do it myself and risk messing it up (It's just an Ibanez Gio, but still). I took it to guitar center, to see what they can do. I walked in, they checked in my guitar (so they know it is truly mine and off the wall or anything,) and told the guy what I was here for. He told me that "Guitar Center isn't allowed to work on anyone's guitar. You have to go to a shop." Then he gave me a list with the closest guitar shops. I was like I swore they could work on guitar. Well, based on my friend told me, he took his Alexi sig to help with his Floyd Rose, and they did it for free and gave another new strings. Maybe someone took their guitar there, someone ****ed it up and now they can't do it anymore. Or maybe I'm a newb and every GC doesn't do this.

So, I look at the list and try to figure which was the closest from where I was or which was on the way home. I pick this one shop. Took it in and told them the problem. They told me they would call me with the price and if I wanted them to 'operate' on it. They called, I wasn't home, but my mom answered. They told her they would 1. Adjust the rod 2. Fix my nut/bolt (They said something was loose. Not sure, this is what my mom told me. She doesn't know the parts of a guitar.) 3. Throw a pack of string on there. For $60. She ok'd them. I was shocked at the price and was about to take it to another place. My mom insisted that if I said something was wrong and it cost that much, then fix it. So, I went a week without practice. They called informing my guitar is ready and the price is $35 instead of $60. I was happy.

I picked it up the next day. Paid, got my my guitar back. I immediately put the change and receipt in my pocket and went home. I inspected it (I know, I've should've done it at the shop) and realize that all they did was change the freakin strings. I'm not that dam guitar illiterate to not know how to change the strings. I still have fret buzz and difference is I have strings that I don't like on there (they feel weird). I'm still mad, just wasted $35, went a week without practice, and didn't get the problem fixed. I guess I learned a valuable lesson? Don't know what it is, but it is something.

Sorry about any spelling/grammar errors. Don't feel like checking anything now.
Go in there and bust a cap.
actually i mean go in there all pissed of and get your money back and tell them to do their ****ing job.
Dude learn to change your own truss rod
just an allen key
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
go back there and start complaining. make sure people are in there. they'll realize it's bad for business and will most likely give you a refund or do it right. i'd ask for a refund(minus the strings, if they are stingy about it)
Gear:
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric
If you don't know what you're doing it is a bit more than just an allen key. Thats like me telling you to change the starter in your car. It's just a few 12mm bolts...
Sorry not allen key, nut wrench
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
thats ****ed, start killing people...nevermind, just rob the store...but seriously complain to the management
Somedude, that's what I am thinking about doing.

led_zep_00, I know, i should really learn how.
Nah, I think I will just burn down the store. Just kidding.

I'll probably go back.
It's really not that hard to do a complete setup on your guitar, there are tutorials all over the web, and I think there might be a truss rod tutorial here on UG.

PinkEdit: Here it is.
Last edited by which ones pink at Nov 15, 2007,
Go back to the shop with your guitar in hand, ask for the tech that worked on your guitar. Then explan to him that the problem is there, don't be PO it will get you nowhere. Ask the tech to make the adjustments, then try it out at the shop. If fixed say thanks and level, if not ask him to readjust.
Quote by Davers440
Go back to the shop with your guitar in hand, ask for the tech that worked on your guitar. Then explan to him that the problem is there, don't be PO it will get you nowhere. Ask the tech to make the adjustments, then try it out at the shop. If fixed say thanks and level, if not ask him to readjust.

That's sound like a better idea.

Thanks Pink. (Bleach rules)
Like someone said above, get there when lots of people will be walking around, strut up to some guy sitting behind a counter with your guitar in hand, and tell them you're not stupid. They WILL realize people will notice they're doing bad business, and pay you back.