Page 1 of 2
One plays lead guitar for Metallica, one of the world's most successful and talented bands. The other was kicked out of Metallica for erratic behavior - Oh yeah, and founded the equally successful band Megadeth!

So, who is your favorite and why?

My pick is obvious.
id have to go with hammett simply for the fact that he has much more catchy style of playing. Mustaine does seem to have more intracate stuff though
...Duh.

Dave Mustaine is a God of rhythm guitar.

Pretty damned good lead player too, in my opinion.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Mustaine. Holy Wars alone proves it. Playing that **** AND singing it at the same time? Damn...

But I also just like Megadeth more than Metallica, so maybe that's why.
Metallica was good when they had Dave and now they suck... Megadeth is amazing... to me the answer is obvious. Dave all the way, he can do rythym, solo, sing and hes just incredibly talented. Dave kickes Kirks ass everyday of the week and twice on sundays.
From 83-Black Album, Hammett.
That was before he sucked.
From Countdown/RIP, Mustaine, definitely.
The Whale Of Woe of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
They both have a unique style of playing and I believe Mustaine's work is usually more technical. Mustaine/Friedman > Hammett/Hetfield
First off Mustaine is a god
however MEgadeth is no way as popular as metallica however i still believe that Mustaine is amazing at writing songs-his riffs are phenomenal
however when it comes to solos Kirk wins because his solos are a lot more melodic and varied.
Mustaine solos sound frantic all the time to me...
however still i say mustaine rules
Dave Mustaine.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Gotta go with Mustaine. Simply for the fact that he writes the songs in addition to doing some of the soloing.
Dave all the way. Altough his solos are usually limited to very fast thrashy solos, while Kirk can do slower stuff as well, he's written some of the best metal riffs/songs ever. Kirk? He wrote some cool solos, like Fade to Black or Master of Puppets but most of his solos are forgettable.
In terms of pure soloing skill, it goes to Mustaine. Although Hammett has a much more epic style of guitar songwriting.
Holy wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mustainzy all the way
Oh good god, Dave Mustaine because he actually writes enjoyable solos instead of ones that play fast then have five second full bends in the middle of nowhere *cough* *cough* Dyers Eve *cough* Blackened* etc.

Just so no Metallica fanboys kill me, I like both those songs.
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
This should have been a poll.

MEGADAVE

Far as I'm concerned, Mustaine wrote the second best album for Metallica, and besides that, he pretty much is Megadeth. Kirk is talented, but compared to Mustaine, he isnt much.
Kirky Hammetty
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Marty Friedman

...I win
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
Marty Friedman

...I win

You're ghey. Gtfo.

...Matt Heafy obviously.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
You're ghey. Gtfo.

Matt Heafy obviously.

fuk u n00b...Heafy iz teh poser... Synyster pwns all these n00b ball sack guitarists wit hiz shredZoRZZZzzzzz
Quote by mcw00t

Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
fuk u n00b...Heafy iz teh poser... Synyster pwns all these n00b ball sack guitarists wit hiz shredZoRZZZzzzzz

Shatup man, herman ri!
Quote by Dugihilation
Shatup man, herman ri!

d00d...he's awethome...i was listening to teh Dragonfarce and Herman waz all leik ewewewewerweewrjreiosjfswoewewewwersjhkgsfohgjsogrejs then Sam was leik gfgfdshgifusdhgfahfiaghfayrahjoajhskfohjfiosgjfsiogjfsoghnfsdighfso then double solo was liek iasjuhyf0ayjutrqw8uyj5w4uytrjht8erjht8r9hjtr89htur and it waz AWETHOME!!!!
Quote by mcw00t

Quote by elguitarrista3

its hard for me to choose. I dont really think that either are that great. Dont get me wrong, i love Metallica, Megadeth too, not as much though..lol...its just im picky on what i consider a talented guitarist, to me its a combination of talent and knowledge

But, As of today, I'd have to go with Kirk, because i recently Dave started an article for Guitar World, and the first thing out of his mouth was along the lines of: "I really dont know what im doing, so it will be a journey for the both of us"

but I will admit, lately, my love for Kirk has been declining, I dotn know why, but now that I can play more of his solos, and ive "unlocked" his style(if that makes since), he just doesnt seem as good.

damn it, that was too long...damn my wondering mind
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34

You're a total fu-ckass. Your opinion is void. Go blow dogs for quarters - maybe a gang of poodles want to blow you (if you're lucky). Street workers are high in demand. Great skilled trade.

How are you so retarded? Heafy is original and amazing, he's like so young. Synyster is a ghey emo twat.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
You're a total fu-ckass. Your opinion is void. Go blow dogs for quarters - maybe a gang of poodles want to blow you (if you're lucky). Street workers are high in demand. Great skilled trade.

How are you so retarded? Heafy is original and amazing, he's like so young. Synyster is a ghey emo twat.

**** teh Gates and **** teh Heafy, Billy Joe!
Quote by Contraband

Screw this...if all these guitarist were to have a gigantic epic phallus battle OV phalluses Mustaine would win with hiz manly Pen0r.
Quote by mcw00t

Quote by elguitarrista3

I dont think Rust In Peace was serious. Synyster definetly isnt "ghey" hes actually got some talent even though his stage name sucks ass.
Quote by powerhead

Quote by beadhangingOne

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
^Ok guise, chill down, mayb3 they r all good. KK. Mustaine > All of them.

Quote by Mental-lica
Synyster definetly isnt "ghey" hes actually got some talent

Well, not really.
I've found Jesus
Agreed
Quote by powerhead

Quote by beadhangingOne

Quote by silversoulcage
Quote by Mental-lica
I dont think Rust In Peace was serious. Synyster definetly isnt "ghey" hes actually got some talent even though his stage name sucks ass.

I didn't imply he was "ghey" I just don't respect all the fellation that the man gets from people who actually sound like I did in my previous post.
Quote by mcw00t

Quote by elguitarrista3

i personally cant pick one over the other cuz they both got godly skills. but on the other hand:
Heafy>Gates end of arguement; lol
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
Screw this...if all these guitarist were to have a gigantic epic phallus battle OV phalluses Mustaine would win with hiz manly Pen0r.

Here's where the thread should have ended...stop it, stop it now.
Quote by mcw00t

Quote by elguitarrista3

Page 1 of 2