alright guys i know there must be a billion threads like this but i need some opinions and advice ok ive narrowed it down to the marshall jcm 800, the jubilee, and the 2555sl(the slash signature amp) which one do you think is the better of the three? thx for the help
My Gear
gibson les paul standard 50's neck
Taylor 210e
Michael kelly patriot shadow
strat copy
squire :p
marshall dsl 100
peavey windsor straight and slant/W/wgs veteran 30's
crate g130
vox ad50vt

ehx big muff
they're all awesome. where r u gonna get the jubilee or the slash model??? i'd assume it's hella hard even on ebay if u dont dish out $2000+...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
The silver jubilee and the SJ 2555 are practically the same amp, so it kind of comes down to do you want a black amp or a silver amp? some say the 2555 is a bit more muddy and bassy, and the silver cleans up a bit nicer when you back off on the guitar volume. i would probably go with the silver jubilee because its original and no complaints.
well my max budget is probally around 2 grand just depends on how much i get for my gear the slash and the jubilee will probally be a bit hard to find how is the jcm 800 for leads and a slash tone
My Gear
Taylor 210e
strat copy
marshall dsl 100
crate g130
vox ad50vt

ehx big muff
^isn't it "psych"???

what's wrong with JCM800 if u can get it for 1/4 the monay of the jubs???
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
well i would say the jubilee for obvious reasons but the 2205 JCM800 (dual channel) is pretty sweet
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

2205 no good. The number of filter caps was reduced and as a result the amps lost tonal integrity when you cranked them.

I say pre '85 2203, or 2204. (2204 models remained the same in '85).

Or you could try out JMP (same as JCM800 basically)

You'll have to do something about the volume. Either an attenuator or PPIMV. You won't get good saturation unless you crank these amps.
so jcm 800 is the way to go?
My Gear
Taylor 210e
strat copy
marshall dsl 100
crate g130
vox ad50vt

ehx big muff
Quote by emo killer
so jcm 800 is the way to go?

Pre-1985 only. Ask the seller to take out the amp circuit from the box and inspect the number of filter capacitors it has. Usually you want to look for the "vertical input" 800s.

Forum gossip has really driven up the value of the 800 line.