For my english class, we are doing a unit on persuasive writing. So the main project is to write a persuasive paper, which we will turn into a speech. Tomorrow I have to tell my teacher what I will write about. And I cant think of a single topic. My problem is that I am not an opinionated person, so I need the mighty pit to give me some ideas for writing. Thanks in advance.

OH, if you want to post something with no relevance, at least be clever!
Where you stand in censorship in music. Take the PMRC, say. RIAA.

Or, show that not all rock music is bad, that some is positive, persuade this point.
you can't honestly expect us to come up with something that you'll be passionate about with that amount of information.

good luck, though.
Rock is Dead.

Gear:
Epiphone LPC
Vox AD50VT

Whats the meanest you can be,
To the ones you claim to love,
And still smile to your newfound friends?
Why you shouldn't have to write a bloody persuasive essay.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
dude, do something not smart but not stupid
ya know?

talk about why having a cell phone is safer than not, no joke
its so easy just come up with some retarded opposition and wah-la!
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
id definatly say go with something that seems to be talked about alot in the world not necessarily something like abortion but you could go more along the lines of why marijuana should be legal if you are into that kind of stuff compare it to cigarettes or alcohol and why its just as safe if not safer then the 2, ( keep in mind you can also now say that alcohol has been proven to lead to cancer so thats one less thing it has on m.j) good luck man
Quote by SathiaSun
Why you shouldn't have to write a bloody persuasive essay.

I tried that a while back and the teacher claimed it was an insult to her teaching. She made me sign the discipline log.
Quote by Twist of fate
Why Slash can own her in a guitar battle. I'm not kidding.

You should actually do that. it's a really good idea and it would be really easy and it would also get some laughs
I plays guitars.
Quote by Chickenparts
I tried that a while back and the teacher claimed it was an insult to her teaching. She made me sign the discipline log.

That sucks. You're teacher seems like a b*tch.

Well, back to the topic. You could also do something totally random. How about:

Ghosts and paranormal activity lead to the decline and decay of the native american population and culture.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Pick something you believe in. And then persuade people with it. If your not opinionated, then you sure better pick something you're passionate about, otherwise you've got no chance.

The slash idea is a good one though.
"We weren’t too ambitious when we started out. We just wanted to be the biggest thing that ever walked the planet."
-- Steven Tyler
- Your views on religion

- Some philosophical stuff

- What you think of music or tab downloading

- Why weed should be legalized or kept illegal

- What you think about video games making people do random acts of violance

I don't know what you like to do, but just try and think of something you like that some people consider contraversial and write about why your view on the subject is correct.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by SathiaSun
That sucks. You're teacher seems like a b*tch.

Well, back to the topic. You could also do something totally random. How about:

Ghosts and paranormal activity lead to the decline and decay of the native american population and culture.

I love making up logical explationations for dumb stuff like that. I actually managed to convince about half my history class that it would be better if houses had never been invented and we lived in caves.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
I can't tell you what interests you, but I can tell you what I'd do.

See, today, over 29,000 children will die of hunger-related problems. Another one-million people will go hungry. Today, 5.4 million people are infected with the AIDS virus, a number growing incredibly quickly. Today alone, over 1,000 women will die in childbirth due to inadequate medical care.

These are all poverty-related problems. Now, anyone who is religious knows that poverty will always exist. But not on the scale it does today. Today, two thirds of the world are suffering from poverty, even by the World Bank's ridiculously low standards of living under a daily income of the purchasing power of $2. This number will only go up. Meanwhile, the G8 nations refuse to forigve the debt of the world's 20 poorest naitons (a move that would allow them to quit spending all their money trying to pay us back and start spending it on health care, education, or food). Instead, we impose impossibly high trade tariff with these countries while barring them from doing the same. If something isn't done soon, those 2/3 of the world's population are at risk of dying. Meanwhile, the 1/3 in control of 80% of the world's wealth continue living our capitalist lives, making money, eating monster-burgers with large fries and diet cokes, playing XBox and driving the biggest SUVs we can. If you're interested in reseraching this to persuade your audience to get involved in helping to eradicate this extremity of poverty, then please pm me and I'll happily tell you more/hook you up with some sweet sources...
Classifieds mod said this didn't count as trying to sell anything, I'll say it here:

If you're looking to be able to take credit cards in-person (not over the internet where paypal will work), pm me and I can hook you up with the stuff you need.
Quote by Zeppelin Addict
...you could go more along the lines of why marijuana should be legal if you are into that kind of stuff compare it to cigarettes or alcohol and why its just as safe if not safer then the 2, ( keep in mind you can also now say that alcohol has been proven to lead to cancer so thats one less thing it has on m.j) good luck man

Or you could go at it from the angle of all the other things the hemp plant is good for- easily renewable source of fiber for cloth and paper, oil for a variety of purposes (cosmetics, crayons, paint, etc), people food (there's a good granola cereal that has hemp seed), animal feed... There are industrial strains of hemp that produce so little THC that the ban on growing it is ridiculous. The economic impact legalization could have is staggering. It will grow just about anywhere, so it could have enormous benefit for economically depressed areas of the country. Not to mention all the tax that could be collected on legal pot.
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
-Dorothy Parker
Do something on the all the double stadards involving race, sex, and sexuality. How the strive for equality have made Minorities > Majority.

Persuade someone to kill themselves

Make a number 2.5 pencil (write .5 by the 2) and try to persuade people to buy those instead of plain old number 2s

Persuade people to abandon nuclear energy/ everything related to nuclear power

Persuade people to promote the growth of nuclear energy/ everything related to nuclear power