I was searching the forums for some info on the microKORG and it showed up in one post as a part of someone's effects chain.

Is it possible to plug an electric guitar directly into a microKORG - like a pedal - then output all of that to an amplifier for synth-guitar effects? Would I have to get some special equipment e.g., that Roland midi pickup, or could I just take a normal cable and plug it into one of the input jacks of the synth?

Thanks
Welcome to BUCKETHEADLAND

Last edited by Colonel Sanders : Yesterday at 10:54 PM.
Quote by Dr. Faustus
Is it possible to plug an electric guitar directly into a microKORG - like a pedal - then output all of that to an amplifier for synth-guitar effects?
Yes.

Duh. I have like a huge pile of synths, and I haven't even tried my guitar as an input yet. No, you don't need that special Roland pick-up thing, just plug your guitar's instrument cable into the 1/4" phone input on the microKorg and get ready to have some fun! Gotta try that myself on one of my synths, and see how it sounds!

Oh, you may need a high-Z to low-Z, 1/4"-1/4" inline adapter. Available at Guitar Center or Radio Shack for about $10.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Last edited by LEVEL4 at Nov 16, 2007,
The midi pickup is for use with a GR-20 guitar synth or something like that.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.