I recently bought myself a nice new laptop, today i was attempting to get internet access on it, so.. insert cd and it says i need to be a user with administrator access, im the only user and my little user profile thingy says administrator on it so i don't know what im supposed to do. I'm kinda computer illiterate.

Any ideas ?

Thanks guys
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
^^

nice advice...

But, are you just trying to set it up so the internet can run on your laptop? coz the same thing happened to mine, told me i had to be an administrator, but all i did is just plug in all the necessary cords and it worked without installing the program like i had to on my old computer.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Normally, for Vista you just right click on the tab for the program you want to run and select run as Admin. that's all that means. If that doesn't work, phone calls are in store.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Yeh, well I put in the CD, and it says to install i need admin access, i'll try just putting chords in but.

Quote by deadkenedy
Yeh, well I put in the CD, and it says to install i need admin access, i'll try just putting chords in but.

hahahaha

lol, Sorry.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by deadkenedy

Try:

Hit the Start Menu that has all the programs on it.

At the very bottom should be a bar you type in a file name:
Type the drive your CD is in, D:/ would be your best bet, unless you have a Back up system like I do, then try E:/

When this comes up in the window, click it so that it opens up the CD's main folder.

Find the setup.exe file, or the installer of sort of name .exe

Right click it and give it Admin. access... if that doesn't work, you may need to call your internet provider or seek help from a more techie source. This is how you give most programs Admin. access though.

hethamulburton I love you SO MUCH. I'm coming to you for all my computer advice.

Quote by deadkenedy
hethamulburton I love you SO MUCH. I'm coming to you for all my computer advice.

No problem. I'll do my best if anything else should come up, but if anything ever asks for Admin. Access simply find its tab-- the button you double click to open the file-- and right click, Admin. and enjoy. Though, often times, this will not 'save' and you will have to keep giving it access everytime you use it. Some programs do actually 'remember' you gave them Admin. access-- or they come installed with that property set, but I don't know yet how to manually force the program into remembering... otherwise I'd be all over getting my laptop to stop making me run through that process.