I guess it boils down to humbuckers or single coils?
Quote by candysars
The best Pokemon is Metapod. Name him Wiener or P3n1s, and then use harden. LAWLZ everytime.

Schecter C-1 Elite EMG 81/85
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Yeah, single coils definatley. Strat sounds good, also consider a G&L though.
theres no real specific guitar for ska... trebled out upstrokes... so you could go with just about anything. theres plenty of strats out there. brad nowell from sublime used one but also used an ibanez. less than jake and reel big fish use LPs. its whatever you're comfortable with.
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
rancid also used LPs and SGs now that I think about it.
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
IMO single coils are crucial for an authentic ska sound, but if you're playing 3rd wave then humbuckers wouldn't be a bad idea. And I've really come to appreciate my Mustang as a good ska guitar. The small fretboard radius and scale make for a really easy to chord guitar and the out of phase switching is pretty cool for ska. Teles and strats are great too, although I find myself hitting the selector switch on strats when doing ska-style upstrokes.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I use a fender jaguar and through my marshall mg250dfx sounds great =). I got the HH special so it has humbuckers but with only the neck pickup selected, you can hear the scratches really clearly and the high note come out great and low notes dont really sound out high notes.

But i'd probally say like every one else strat. Mine has hotrod custom humbuckers so i dont know what it would be like with regular ones if theres ever a difference.