Page 1 of 2
Well, it just occurred to me the other day how damn simple some songs are, and how they've earned the writer a truckload of money. And I was thinking - wouldn't it be great if you thought of that song first?

So post your songs here which you wish you thought of first. One little rule though, the song has to be inside your playing capability and theory.

Joe Satriani - Chords of Life (notice how its all simple technique and built around the pentatonic scale?)

Yarghh....
Wish I had thought of What I Got-Sublime

That song would get me so much money/sex/drugs(even though I don't do them)
Again Satriani....Always with me, always with you

I can play almost all of it. I have issues with the interlude.
My Gear:

Squier Acoustic

B.C. Rich Ironbird Got Stolen :-(

Fernandes LE-1X

ESP AC 200-E

Fender Frontman 15G
I wish I'd thought of Across The Universe, every David Bowie song, and Soma by the Smashing Pumpkins.
Oh, and I wish I was black so I could've written Ice Cube's NWA songs.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Free Bird. Then I could charge 25 cents for everytime some jackass drunk guy yelled it at any concert.
actually, i pretty much wrote "swing life away" by rise against one morning right when i woke up. i was pissed when i found out it was already a song....

i must have heard it when i was sleeping... thats what i get for falling asleep when watching imf.
like a rolling stone, dylan.
=deportivo=

"so this guy woke up with 6 different girls on 6 days of the week?"
"yea, isn't that crazy?"
"he must be god"
"...and on the seventh day he rested"
Green Day-the entire Dookie album. its simple and catchy. i can easily play it all.

everyone would know me. the damn thing sold over 15 million copies worldwide.
Until we say goodbye - Satch
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
how bout every number one song. from zeppelin to spears. now that would have some money involved
empty the bullets from the chamber
i would have to say nothing else matters by metallica
and yes i can play it
just so beautifully done
and i think i would give my balls to write a song like that
...except for i wouldn't
Quote by TonyRandall
i just want to write a masterpiece... i dont care about the money... bastard... live for the music!

Somebody sig that. I would, if I didn't have all that other crap in there
Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple

^^TONY THAT WAS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
dethklok's bloodtrocuted.

this is sort of a case of i did write it. I made a riff pretty similar to the verse riff, although it had a more hard rock feel to it. But it sounds to similar to use now.

but i wish i had thought of texas flood. Its such a simple song, but the simple parts all add up to make it this complicated masterpiece.
Quote by TonyRandall
i just want to write a masterpiece... i dont care about the money... bastard... live for the music!

Ill sig that.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Ill sig that.

yesss!

and to the guy above me.. i wish i woulda wrote goodbye to romance too... i love that song.
System of a Down-CIAGRO,Rage Against The Machine-Killing in the name, Dope-Die mother #$%!er..........
My cancer spot is much bigger than yours

Quote by HumBucker666
I get carrot skinned regularly by a electrified carrot skinning device

Quote by GrEgUms1991
I have a small penis if that counts?

^ some pretty awesome sh!t ( click )

Europeans Unite!
Bittersweet Symphony and Wonderwall
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Quote by TonyRandall
actually, i pretty much wrote "swing life away" by rise against one morning right when i woke up. i was pissed when i found out it was already a song....

i must have heard it when i was sleeping... thats what i get for falling asleep when watching imf.

Haha, that happened to me yesterday.
I was adding some more to a song I was writing then I went to listen to some stuff I hadn't heard in a while... Then it hit me. I had written the intro to Scum by Napalm Death.
"Holy Wars" by Megadeth. My f*ck I love that song and wish it was mine. It's just constant awesome riff after awesome riff with great soloing, especially the last solo that Mustaine does.
Quote by which ones pink
Hey there Delilah.

/thread

thats exactly what i thought when i read the thread title
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Your Ex-Lover Is Dead by Stars.

And really... any song by them. They're pretty simple but so lush and layered - and of course, absolutely beautiful.
we know a place no spaceships go
We will rock you - Queen

i mean come on
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
I don't really wish a song to be mine, or written by me. I just like to appreciate what another person has created. I mean, you can make good music too, as long as you like it. Plus, there's nothing like singing your own song. OG tunes is where it's at.

Mama Cass , "Make Your Own Kind of Music".

thank me later.
Lol Stairway to heaven....i would be prraised forever!
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Wots...Uh the Deal? -Pink Floyd
or anything else by them before the wall.
Quote by The Postman
Usually emos, have like twiggy legs you can snap in your hands...
Has anyone ever seen an obese emo?

Quote by cool#9
Whose fault is it you are a skinny worthless wimp, be a fat emo, problem solved.
Under A Glass Moon - Dream Theater

Know Your Enemy - Rage Against the Machine

god damn John Petrucci and Tom Morello
Under A Glass Moon - Dream Theater

Tubular Bells - Mike Oldfield

Know Your Enemy - Rage Against the Machine

Guerilla Radio - Rage Against the Machine
Crystal Ship-The Doors

or the combo of Dreamer Deciever and Deciever by Judas Priest (off the SWoD album) that song always gets to me.

oh and for the money and attitude... either God of Thunder (Kiss) or Immigrant Song (Led Zeppelin) I'd make so much F*cken money.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Page 1 of 2