Well I am posting ANOTHER thread about what amp I should get. Hopefully, this one will be the last one in a good while. Anyways, I was interested in the Epiphone Valve Junior amps. I was mainly interested in the half-stack. But the the combo might be something to look into as well. Also, how loud is the half-stack?

I play mainly blues, metal, and rock. My budget is around $500, and yes, I am aware of better amps in that price-range, but I also intend to purchase some other things as well.

Considering it's a tube, I'm also looking at a few OD pedals so I could do some harder stuff. I play some SRV, to Zeppelin, to Slayer, so I need an OD pedal that would allow me to play such music. I'm dead-set on the Ibanez TS9 (which I will mod), but I'm looking for an OD pedal for metal-ish type stuff.

I was looking at the Line 6 Uber Metal, the Rocktron Silver Dragon, and the Digitech Bad Monkey.

Not that this is important, but just wondering how the Ibanez Weeping Demon fared as a wah?
Really there is better pedal selections all around man. At least I and most others will think so. The bad monkey is a decent overdrive though, I would go with that one. As for a high gain pedal, try a metal muff. I tryed my friends vj with one and it actually surprised me. If your looking for a good distortion pedal and a overdrive you should just go for a high end overdrive pedal to cover your distortion needs.
my other concern is that for $500, maybe a little more, you could probably get an amp more geared at the tones you want out of the box. peavey classic 30, maybe even stretching to a traynor ycv 40.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
have a look at blackstar pedals. they have a range of 5 from low drive to full on metal distortion. all 5 are high voltage valve powered. i tried the "ht-dist-x" but it was too metal for me. i ended up with the "ht-drive" which is lush. goes from clean to slash and then a bit more. i paid £89 uk for it.
Thank you please.
Quote by Iceman 420
Also, how loud is the half-stack?

Pretty loud for the bedroom, not loud enough when your jamming with a band. Especially if metal is a part of your repertoire.

Quote by Dave_Mc
my other concern is that for $500, maybe a little more, you could probably get an amp more geared at the tones you want out of the box. peavey classic 30, maybe even stretching to a traynor ycv 40.

+1

Not only the tone, but ample volume for jams and gigs. The Classic 30 is a great amp that can generally be had for under $400 on the used market without much effort. Plenty left over for a Bad Monkey OD or such to push the lead channel towards metal territory.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Dave_Mc

+2
Quote by slatsmania
+1

Not only the tone, but ample volume for jams and gigs. The Classic 30 is a great amp that can generally be had for under $400 on the used market without much effort. Plenty left over for a Bad Monkey OD or such to push the lead channel towards metal territory.

true, i should have mentioned volume too.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?