Iv turned my sights onto the Boss GT-8, but since i'm only interested in direct recording I'm a bit worried since it doesn't have a USB output and on a few sites Iv seen it mentioned that it cant record directly ..

1)Is this true?

2) If it can, does it come with any software such as Gearbox for the PODs to help modifications?

Now since I made this thread Ill ask the other questions I have even if they dont have anything to do with recording ..

3) Your able to run the board through an amp, but I recall someone saying that a certain type of amp wont sound as good with it. Right now I just have a solid-state 30W Marshall DX, it that alright?

4)What kind of a sound card should I get for this home recording setup? I really have no idea what so ever about this kind of thing, I jsut dont want to spend too much money on it (<$100) ..

That is all.
If its got an output you'll be able to use it to 'record direct. '
The lack of USB just means that you can't use it as the interface.

It's not an interface, its just a multi effects pedal.

I don't think it comes with any software.

you should get a cheap sound card with a DI input.

Edit:
looks like it has a digital output. so you just need a soundcard with a digital input.
MBOX2 - PRO TOOLS LE 7.3.1 - CUBASE SX3 - REASON 4
ATTACK_DECAY_SUSTAIN_RELEASE_
Quote by orgasmickey
If its got an output you'll be able to use it to 'record direct. '
The lack of USB just means that you can't use it as the interface.

It's not an interface, its just a multi effects pedal.

I don't think it comes with any software.

you should get a cheap sound card with a DI input.

Edit:
looks like it has a digital output. so you just need a soundcard with a digital input.

Alright thanks. What places around here might sell reasonably cheap sound card, do you know?

Any recommendations on the sound cards themselve? I really have no knowledge of sound cards what so ever. Yes n00b
I don't know of any recording cards with a digital input but I can suggest you have a look around Tweaks guide and the forms there for more info on recording cards.

Some amps don't like FX pedals. Most common one I know of are the Roland Cubes. They are called modeling amps and only like the on board FX.