im looking at a schecter which has jumbo frets and im probably going to get it but i was wondering are jumbo frets alot harder to play than medium or is it something i can get used to with practice.... is it going to take me a long time to adjust to the frets, and how are chords going to sound on this guitar becasue ive heard chords can sound i bit off on jumbo frets and i definately dont want that, i would just go to GC and try it out but my closest one is 50 miles away so...
I hate jumbo frets.

Qualification: I have little bitch fingers and have trouble reaching from 1 to 4 on normal frets.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
I hate jumbo frets.

Qualification: I have little bitch fingers and have trouble reaching from 1 to 4 on normal frets.

Fret size is referring to the thickness of the fret wire, what you're thinking of is scale length.
Quote by rage6945
girls dont get braces in their vaginas buddy
I was under the impression that jumbo frets were supposed to make it easier to fret a note.

And any guitar, regardless of fret size, should intonate correctly, (chords will ring out in tune), as long as the neck was fretted/Intonated correctly.
Last edited by The Atomic Ass at Nov 16, 2007,
ok thanks becasue ive heard form alot of people that on jumbo frets it is really easy to have a chord sound sharp or flat on accident
Not on accident... It's caused by laziness and not wanting to practice applying minimal pressure. ;P

Jumbo frets pretty much force you to learn how to control your brute force and to just push enough to get the note fretted.
Quote by eXperiment63
Not on accident... It's caused by laziness and not wanting to practice applying minimal pressure. ;P

Jumbo frets pretty much force you to learn how to control your brute force and to just push enough to get the note fretted.

ok that makes more sense.. thanks
Think of jumbo frets as similar to scalloping your neck. It puts the top of the frets higher from the fretboard. Your fingertips shouldn't really touch the fretboard when you fret a note, as that is going to make a note sharp unless you are intonated incorrectly.

They are easier to bend on, due to less resistance because of the fact that your fingers don't touch the board... But it is easy to get the note to go sharp if you don't really work on your fretting technique.