I just restrung my guitar with Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky's and for some reason I am getting a really tinny, metalic sound whenever i strum a chord. I tried stretching out the strings, and even restrung some of them, and still nothing helps. I've never used Ernie Ball's before, but I asssume they arent supposed to make that kind of sound.
is your action really low and the string(s) might be making contact with a fret?

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
could be that theyre just new strings? mine sometimes sound a little tinny... but new strings always give a brighter, cleaner sound.
Ernie Ball strings are really nice, i used them for a long time. Yea man you just gotta let the strings strech out
I just checked my action and from what I can see by just eyeballing it, it looks ok, there doesnt seem to be any contact.

It could be that they are new strings as I know I have had a problem with the tinny sound before, its just never been this bad. Maybe it will go away after a few more hours of playing.

Thanks for your help guys!
that tinny sound means that you have good new strings on!

It's a good thing.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Quote by thatguy333
could be that theyre just new strings? mine sometimes sound a little tinny... but new strings always give a brighter, cleaner sound.

+1, have you ever changed your strings before?
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by Fravashis
I just restrung my guitar with Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky's and for some reason I am getting a really tinny, metalic sound whenever i strum a chord. I tried stretching out the strings, and even restrung some of them, and still nothing helps. I've never used Ernie Ball's before, but I asssume they arent supposed to make that kind of sound.

I'm having the same problem (D'Addario here), but I guess just playing more will make them sound better.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by tubadude
+1, have you ever changed your strings before?

I've been playing for 5 years, I hope that I had changed my strings before . I know it sounded like a noobish question, but it was just WAY more tinny than anything else I had ever had when I changed strings before. Even after playing for a few more hours, its starting to fade. Sorry for the dumb question