I usually practice parts of songs, depending ont he difficulty or jsut play the whole song. I do scales ( the ones i know , not that many hehe) And any dexterity and speed tecniques. What do u guys practice when u practice.
The repetitiveness is killing me..........

As with the million other threads before this one, I play pentatonic scale solos.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
i write riffs/songs for practice
srsly, i could play for two hours, but if i don't have new material it's a failed day
Quote by demiphoenix
i write riffs/songs for practice
srsly, i could play for two hours, but if i don't have new material it's a failed day

good **** man.
lately ive been practicing sweep picking along to a metronome. starting fairly slow =P.
other than that. just basic scales and arpeggios.
I normally start off with some scales, and then I use the spider riff from MoP for dexterity work. After that, I go into whatever song I'm learning. Right now, its Cemetery Gates.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I practice for 2-6 hours a day. I warm up with a few songs, then with my own....then IT'S EFFECTS TIME! I piss around with effects pedals, write some riffs using it....write down the effect and how I play the riff...and usually...by the end of a practice session...I have have a song...wooh!

Then I think, I should actually learn how to play guitar, lol.
dorin, lydian and pentatonic scales. then sweeping practise / chromatic runs and after that writing new songs or playing my bands stuff.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
I play whatever I feel like. I maybe play some random songs for a while, run through a scale or two, improvisational wanking etc. I don't have a set regime or anything. As long as I'm playing, im improving.
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
I practise whatever comes in mind at the moment which I'm not skilled at yet.
I'll play a bunch of random stuff for a while, bits and pieces of songs, then whatever things gave me a hard time, I'll practice them, although right now, getting sweep picking down is my priority.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
I normally start off with some scales, and then I use the spider riff from MoP for dexterity work. After that, I go into whatever song I'm learning. Right now, its Cemetery Gates.

Whast the spider riff?
Songs, Scales, Made up technical stuff, Mathcore riffs, Solos.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
I practice what I'm supposed to for about an hour then after that I just solo in "A" harmonic minor and "E" phrygian because I like the way they sound
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
I used to play quite a bit gig several times a month and lost interest years ago. I just got back into playing agian. Every thing I do now is to get my fingers on my left hand to work the way I want them! LOL It's amazing how tight they feel and I have small hands and it was always tuff to get the range out of my fingers. This is why I prefer thin necks. Picking hand is great I just want to be able to get my fingers to keep up with my picking so I do a lot of just playing scales as fast as I can. My biggest problem is I can't practice as much as I would like. I always have one of those gripmasters with me when I am driving or someplace where I am sitting around.

John
I practice most stuff on an acoustic. This improves strength, reach, and speed. Although some things I can't do on an acoustic. Such as Pinch Harmonics. I just can't do them lol.
I'm back on the horse after a 10 year break. I goof around for about 10 minutes, then work on major scales, a few chords then I hit my "Guitar for Dummies" book. Currently hovering around page 100. Once I feel like I've mastered a section I move forward. I'm not so concerned about learning songs at the moment, I'm mostly working on my technique and dexterity.
I've been playing for about 12 years and never bothered to learn my scales and modes. i was always playing from the balls and it seemed to work most of the time, but my dexterity and speed suffered greatly, so I've been hammering scales and modes like a madman. Usually, i'll take a scale and play it up and down the fretboards, playing it all forwards, then all backwards, sometimes using a triplet pattern... whatever it takes.

I've also been enthralled by the CAGED pentatonic system and that's been helping me visualize the fretboard better, without having to look for the root on the E or A string. Like everything, though, repetition and good form is key to building muscle memory. I really want to work my speed, but right now, i'm going for fretboard knowledge. i figure the speed will come naturally.
I usually warm up with some All That Remains or Trivium or something of the sort, then play my band's own songs a couple of times each, then I spend the rest of the time writing new riffs or randomly soloing.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.