http://missingtoof.com/v2/2007/06/06/kyle-spratt-slim-sellout/

has anyone heard about this? i just found out about it. probably because eminem hasnt exactly been on my radar in the last couple of years.

this kid has to be off his head to do all that. talk about publicity.
i still luld.

and apparently em is working on a response.
should be interesting to hear what he has to say.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Quote by postmortem2006
LOOOL

Hhahaha friggin' whiteboy rappers. They should all be shot, rap can hardly be considered music. hardly any talent whatsoever.

Eminem got pwn3d
Dumbass
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by postmortem2006
LOOOL

Hhahaha friggin' whiteboy rappers. They should all be shot, rap can hardly be considered music. hardly any talent whatsoever.

Eminem got pwn3d

rap isnt music. rap is vocals.

hip-hop is the music.

both require talent.

terminology: learn it.
eminem is a sell out but not becuase he wouldnt listen to some lame rappers stuff. you dont have to ask eminem to hear that guy sucks.
pop rap is so over produced and marketed to young people its retarted

but the youth just keeps munching up this over produced consumer culture like little pac men

what happend to the days when music actually ment something?
Guitars- Gibson SG Stanadard (stock)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Emg 81/85

Amp- Marshall Jcm 2000 DSL/1960 Lead Cab

Pedals- Boss TU-2, Ibanez TS-9, Boss NS-2, Line 6 DL-4, Boss Ph-3, Boss GE-7
Thats not a bad track as far as i'm concered,It sounds excactly like eminem to me,He's obviously really influencded by him.
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
Quote by FunkasPuck

hip-hop is the music.

both require talent.

I've got a load of friends who do hip hop or rap or whatever you wnana call it, and its seriously talentless crap. I'm a relatively open minded person but some of this 'music' I've heard is completely irrelevent to anything.

Almost every local emcee I know know and thats a lot) has no variation in lyrics (sorry, 'sick rhymes') - its all about bigging yourself up to look hard. Which is rather pathetic.

As for making hip- hop beats, are you kidding me?! use adobe/reason, make a drum loop, chuck in a few samples and bass effects and you're done.

Sorry but I find rap and hip hop more insulting than anything. Call me dumb or ignorant or whatever, but i stand by my opinion because its a valid one *raises flame shield*
Quote by postmortem2006
I've got a load of friends who do hip hop or rap or whatever you wnana call it, and its seriously talentless crap. I'm a relatively open minded person but some of this 'music' I've heard is completely irrelevent to anything.

Almost every local emcee I know know and thats a lot) has no variation in lyrics (sorry, 'sick rhymes') - its all about bigging yourself up to look hard. Which is rather pathetic.

As for making hip- hop beats, are you kidding me?! use adobe/reason, make a drum loop, chuck in a few samples and bass effects and you're done.

Sorry but I find rap and hip hop more insulting than anything. Call me dumb or ignorant or whatever, but i stand by my opinion because its a valid one *raises flame shield*
Have you heard any good rap? Nas, Wu Tang Clan, A Tribe Called Quest, Outkast, or Mos Def?

The Roots are a good band that raps and plays instruments
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Nov 16, 2007,
Quote by postmortem2006

I second the "dumbass" comment.

Learn yourself some good hip-hop, before you pass judgement.
Quote by postmortem2006

When has rock ever contributed to anything lyricaly? Sure you get the occasional "deep" insight, but unless we're talking about Leanord Cohen rock lyricists all get raped up the ass by poets and novelists in terms of lyrical depth and literary signifigance.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by postmortem2006

Please, let's hear your beats! Clearly if it's so easy making hiphop beats, then your ten-minute Reason exercises must be up to the standards of producers like DJ Premier and Madlib!

Come on then! Show us that the second most influential music genre of the late twentieth century is nothing but a scam!

Btw Em is a sellout.... then again his success has largely been due to the controversy around him, as opposed to his considerable talent as an MC.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by postmortem2006
what he said

you are dumb. you are ignorant.
you are basing your opinions of hip hop on local mc's, and i assume that all of them are 16 years old, and are only local mc's because they arent very good.

saying that hiphop is just about bigging yourself up is like saying all metal is about church burning and eating babies.

and do you have any idea how complex reason can actually be?
no you dont, because you are an ignorant dick.
even decent sampling takes way more skill than you probably posess. cratedigging is an artform.

go make another funcrusher plus, or Endtroducing and then come back and tell us how simple it is to make hip hop beats.

dick.
Last edited by FunkasPuck at Nov 19, 2007,
You guys are getting mad because people are saying local underground rap is talentless. They arent saying the great rappers like tupac Nas and Public enemy. Sure they are great but how many of those do we have today in mainsteam rap, and hiphop. not many. I like eminem, probably the best rapper of the 00's
Edit-
This dude couldnt sound any more like Eminem. I cant tell the difference of their voices.
Last edited by Metallica rulz at Nov 19, 2007,
It's obvious this guy has listened to M&M. They both suck. Why the hell he would want M&M's opinion if his music mean't something to him. What, so he could be deep like D-12 or 50 Cent. Yeah, M&M is real big on keeping the integrity of his and his signee's music.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
lol I knew I'd get flamed.

p.s. These local emcees range from 19 to 30 years old so your whole '16 year old wannabes' arguement sucks ass.

As for rap 'bands' that play instruemnts, I've heard some stuff like Wu Tang or whatnot and I wasn't that impressed by it. lthough I applaufd them for being better than the rest.

p.p.s. ten minute rap beats on reason - if I gave a flying **** about rap and knew how to use the programs them I would, But I don't. I've never sunk so low as to like that ****.
Quote by postmortem2006

p.s. These local emcees range from 19 to 30 years old so your whole '16 year old wannabes' arguement sucks ass.

As for rap 'bands' that play instruemnts, I've heard some stuff like Wu Tang or whatnot and I wasn't that impressed by it. lthough I applaufd them for being better than the rest.

p.p.s. ten minute rap beats on reason - if I gave a flying **** about rap and knew how to use the programs them I would, But I don't. I've never sunk so low as to like that ****.
Seriously stop being a dick. Most rappers have more talent musicly and lyricly than you could ever imagine having. Until you try to rap, or make beats, you can't say how easy it is. It's more diffucult than you think.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by postmortem2006

Then stfu, leave, and stop being a troll.

As for the track, I like the beat, but it was meh.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by postmortem2006
if I gave a flying **** about rap and knew how to use the programs them I would, But I don't. I've never sunk so low as to like that ****.

yeah, and if i was a classically trained, prodigous, synesthesiac pianist, i could blatantly piss all over mozart.

but im not.

you are a dick.
WIth someone coming from a popular music background, either firmly implanted in the rock, pop, or hip-hop portion of pop culture, it's going to be difficult to get them to see your point of view, unless you're very skilled in debate, or they are much more open-minded than they claim to be. Indeed, if anyone was open-minded, they would see the positive aspects of your argument, and see quite clearly that comparisons between his favored type of music and hip-hop cannot be made, especially with the information he does not have, and obviously does not want to have.

For example, I couldn't for the life of me compare Slayer, Exodus, Machine Head, to Saul Williams, Mos Def, or Sage Francis - for one main reason: how many similarities are there? The music is good. It's enjoyed by different people, or, in rarer cases, the same person. After all, how many people can sit and listen to Antonin Dvorak, Burzum, Digable Planets, Testament, Eminem, Rasputina, John Coltrane and the Pixies all in the same few minutes, and truly enjoy each one for what it is, and enjoying the next for what it is?

A truly open-minded person, with regard and appreciation for music of all walks, or beats, as it were. Of course, that doesn't mean one has to like it all, but being able to listen to it objectionally and judge accordingly is a very postive sign of true musicianship.

But hey, what are we to expect here? True musicians?
so wait, this kid dissed him because he didnt want to talk to him? he stole kims phone to get the number. thats just messed up. and he gets mad because eminem doesnt want to listen to some crazy sounding fan?

i would have just laughed at the kid and hung up on him. what a loser.

EDIT:

spike, props for mentioning Dvorak.

his music is great.

and i like Slayer and Sage Francis.
Quote by FunkasPuck

hip-hop is the music.

both require talent.

hip hop is a simple 4/4 beat with unnecessarily flamboyant bass levels,
and rap is rhyming for the sake of rhyming.
Quote by apod44
hip hop is a simple 4/4 beat with unnecessarily flamboyant bass levels,
and rap is rhyming for the sake of rhyming.

wtf? everything you said there was bollocks.

first of all just off the top of my head, "if heaven was a mile away" by nas is in 3/4 timing, so that shut you up on that one.

unnecessarily flamboyant bass levels? .....what?

and what else are you going to rhyme for the sake of?

theres always a hater or two in every hip hop thread that opens on these boards but you have taken ignorance to dizzying new heights.