ok so heres the deal my guitar a couple of months ago decided to crap out and stop giving me noise.... i pinpointed the problem to wires coming loose from the output jack and i gave it to my friend cuz he thaught he could fix it.... well the guitar makes noise now... but all of a sudden it makes a very high pitched screaming noise almost like constant feedback no matter what anybody tips on how to fix it?
My Setup

First Act ME205
some german jem rip-off
Ibanez Gio
Epiphone Les Paul Deluxe 2
crappy acoustic stolen from an emo kid
Digitech RP80
Peavey Patch Chords
Peavey 40 watt
Line 6 75-Watt Spider 3
It could be 2 things.

1, Your wires are soldered on backwards. To fix this unhook them and resolder the black where the white is and the white where the black is.

2, The wires are in the right place but the hot still has another short somewhere. It could be from a messy solder job or it could be that the wire was broken in more than one place or that there are other wires in there that are touching something they shouldn't

I guess it could be a problem with your amp to, but that's probably not the case... oh or it could be that you have your pickups way too close to the strings along with your amp volume being way too high... So I guess that is 4 possible problems but the 1st two are the most likely.
Not taking any online orders.
Find out what wires he touched. If it is just the ones on the jack he probably reversed them or they're touching each other.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
thanks for the help guys
My Setup

First Act ME205
some german jem rip-off
Ibanez Gio
Epiphone Les Paul Deluxe 2
crappy acoustic stolen from an emo kid
Digitech RP80
Peavey Patch Chords
Peavey 40 watt