hey guys, take a listen and crit my new song the cowbell song...its shred and very random haha...maybe it needs more cowbell? beakersmusic
leave a link for any of your songs and ill crit back i dnt take myself as a serious songwriter at all haha so be easy on me
Wow man, you've got great guitar skills. For how long have you been playing . Your playing is realy amazing. Your guitar tone is really good too, what is your amp ? The drums are a bit repetitive, and I think the bass drum is not enough loud. But anyway it's just the drums, the guitar playing really blows it away lol. The riffs are cool too, they have kind of a happy/funny feel lol.

So finally I would say it is very cool =P
thanx man, i been playing bout over 5years now im never sure lol!! i used a line 6 toneport for the tones, can get great quality sounds from it, defo reccomended! yeh the drums are abit lacklustre, i made em using Magix music maker...i tried my best lol, i get kinda confused sometimes making drum tracks!! as i said im definately not a confident/serious songwriter, so i try to atleast make people smile
Quote by beaker
thanx man, i been playing bout over 5years now im never sure lol!! i used a line 6 toneport for the tones, can get great quality sounds from it, defo reccomended! yeh the drums are abit lacklustre, i made em using Magix music maker...i tried my best lol, i get kinda confused sometimes making drum tracks!! as i said im definately not a confident/serious songwriter, so i try to atleast make people smile

I have a toneport too but I used Guitar rig 3, i didn't think my toneport could sound like that 0_o LOL. I've been playing for 5 years too but I'm far from this level lol, I know lot of theory and I can play lot of scales/arpeggios from any position, but I can't shred like this lol.

Did you use the basic presets of Gearbox or you bought a pack?
you sound great dude dnt worry!!! keep playing what ya love
okay heres the lead sound i used for toneport...cos im feeling generous haha
amp model - treadplate
cab model - 4x12 treadplate
noisegate - -65db
stomp - screamer(all 50%)
compressor - maximum threshold no gain
reverb - line 6 brite room

drive - full
bass - 75%
middle - 85%
treble - full
presence - full
volume - 60%

hope that gets a good sound
I like it, all the sounds flow well together. It just feels like it would go great with some lyrics
Oops I just listened to the Day of the Beaker. I liked a lot of it, although it started getting repetitive.

Cowbell. It sounded cool, again. The only thing I dislike is that the mood seems to be the same throughout all of the song. Maybe words could help with that? I'm not entirely sure...