I've noticed my stereo is starting to sound out of tune. It's missing that bright, yet muddy feel she had. How would I find out what tubes to replace it with? It's an 1964 RCA with a 45 Watt amp. Where do you buy your tubes from? It still has the original RCA tubes, and i'm willing to pay up to $100 to find NOS replacement ones.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Quote by JDawg
Holy crap dude, maybe an antique shop.

I see your suggestion and raise you one museum.

Check google, you will have better luck than here really, we do guitar amps to be honest
Diezel, Motherfucker
Quote by mh400nt
I see your suggestion and raise you one museum.

Check google, you will have better luck than here really, we do guitar amps to be honest

It's the same exact amp. Also, google has failed me.

Edit: After looking, I have found this: http://thetubestore.com/nos-12bh7.html

They LOOK like the right ones, but how do I tell? Do I have to rip the back off my stereo, pull a tube and pray that it has a number on it that would match? So confused. That's also like $225 bucks to replace my tubes. Who knows a cheap place?
Last edited by Ehh at Nov 16, 2007,
www.vacuumtubes.net
How can google fail on this. There are literally thousands of people on line that sell tubes. New and used.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
what with this being the pit I was sure a thread with the title "Help with vacuum tubes, please." would be about the TS getting his penis stuck in a vacuum.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by Jackal58
www.vacuumtubes.net
How can google fail on this. There are literally thousands of people on line that sell tubes. New and used.

Because google won't tell me what exactly I'm looking for, or tell me how to find out what I'm looking for. It also lacks another persons thoughts and opinions on where to buy.
Quote by Ehh
It's the same exact amp. Also, google has failed me.

Edit: After looking, I have found this: http://thetubestore.com/nos-12bh7.html

They LOOK like the right ones, but how do I tell? Do I have to rip the back off my stereo, pull a tube and pray that it has a number on it that would match? So confused. That's also like $225 bucks to replace my tubes. Who knows a cheap place?

yeah, you have to look at the tubes to id them...and once you id em check ebay, thats probably the cheapest place to get em

edit: or check a schematic
Danelectro '59 DC

Amplitube 3

Aaand my superlux headphones