Page 1 of 2
So, I was at school today, talking to another guitarist about what guitar a beginner should buy.
Squier came up, and he called it ''Squier Fender'' ( reffering to the cheapest one, for beginners), and I was wondering which is the correct way to call it, 'Squier Fender' or 'Fender Squier'.
When I asked, he answered they were different guitars, and that the 'Fender Squier' is very expensive.
Are they different guitars? which name is correct?

Built from stolen pieces
Telephone in my heart.

Chopper Reid Of the Australia
FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Quote by Casta44
So, I was at school today, talking to another guitarist about what guitar a beginner should buy.
Squier came up, and he called it ''Squier Fender'' ( reffering to the cheapest one, for beginners), and I was wondering which is the correct way to call it, 'Squier Fender' or 'Fender Squier'.
When I asked, he answered they were different guitars, and that the 'Fender Squier' is very expensive.
Are they different guitars? which name is correct?

that is a n00b question, and belongs in another place, not here........ you've been here a month, and should know that. I bid you good day
Quote by wizards?
that is a n00b question, and belongs in another place, not here........ you've been here a month, and should know that. I bid you good day

Why should he know that? I didn't really know. You've only been here since July, so what makes you the expert? He has only been here a month, and if you tried to help him then he wouldn't have to ask.

There's plenty of people here, including myself, who have been around MUCH longer than you. Get off your high-horse.
Last edited by ClaptonWannabe at Nov 16, 2007,
Its Fender Squier...Id recommend it to anybody who was starting out and wanted to play anything but metal :P Just dont use the trem system on it...Apart from that,ive never had any problems with it Im saving up for some new stuff for it atm

And ClaptonWannabe,well said,that guy should just shut it,dont take any notice of him TS...I still count myself as a bit of a n00b,and ive been here since April,and know quite a few people lol.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Squier BY Fender.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
fender esquires are like telecasters and are quite expensive
maybe he was confused
Quote by Trefellin
I got into a fight with Handel once, he baroque my nose.

Quote by leeb rocks
Seth Govans your guitar teacher? God. am I jealous.
There is a vintage guitar called a Fender Esquire, as a couple people have pointed out, that will cost you a pretty penny. The cheep one is a Squier, also called Squier by Fender.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Thanx guys... in the end I was right, and he did't even know what the Fender Esquire was!

Built from stolen pieces
Telephone in my heart.

Chopper Reid Of the Australia
FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
just squire.
my gear:
ibanez RG
digitech RP250
crate RFX15
marshall 30-watt

ignore the username
Quote by Eminored
I'd start a World War too if I listened to enough polka.

Quote by COBHC728
To TriviumJunkie: You need rehab my friend

stanleybach ur fucking banned!!
APSH!!
Yeah it's much more common (IMO). To just say Squier. Because Epiphone is also a branch of gibson (well not originally but Gibson bought them out) and I don't think I have ever heard anyone called their epiphone a gibson epiphone.
Guitar:
Floyd Rose discovery series 3 (with speed loader bridge)
Gibson Les paul studio
Pedals:
Zoom G2.1U pedal
Amps:
vox valvetronix 50 watt
Dean "stack in a box" headphone amp
Fender Squier, squier is the type of guitar made by Fender

anyway, dont get it, they are sh*t
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Genus then species. I have a Ford Ranger, I would not say I have a Ranger Ford. You first say the company name, then the model. Fender Squier, or Fender Esquire. If Squier was a company that made a model of guitar called a Fender, then you could call it a Squier Fender.

The only other way to say it is a Squier by Fender, I could say a Ranger by Ford. You cannot say a Fender by Squier, just like I cannot say a Ford by Ranger, because Ranger doesn't make the Ford and Squier doesn't make the Fender. Squier makes teh crap.
Quote by Taylz24
Fender Squier, squier is the type of guitar made by Fender

anyway, dont get it, they are sh*t

Although squiers may be ****, for the price they are pretty ****ing awesome compared to all the other starter guitars out there. I have one and I would definitely recommend it as a starter guitar but if you're an experienced player then you'd want something a little bit fancier. I've used the squier with amps other than the one it comes with and it's not even that bad...idk why everyone hates them so much considering they're just about the best starter guitar.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
people call 'squiers' 'fender squiers' to make them sound better. 'fender squier' is not a model of guitar, just the brand.
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
Quote by Dahaka
I just call them Squier and Fender.

Thirded.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by kyle100
Although squiers may be ****, for the price they are pretty ****ing awesome compared to all the other starter guitars out there. I have one and I would definitely recommend it as a starter guitar but if you're an experienced player then you'd want something a little bit fancier. I've used the squier with amps other than the one it comes with and it's not even that bad...idk why everyone hates them so much considering they're just about the best starter guitar.

There are much better starter guitars, my friends squier and my other friend's starcaster is a piece of crap and the fender frontman is crap too.

Roland 15 watt and a cheap ibanez or esp does ya fine for about the same price as one of those kits, and they will last you
Last edited by Dance_of_Death at Nov 16, 2007,
Quote by kyle100

+1. I hate people who see that I have a squier and go "jeez, why do you have a squier they suck so much you should get some $4000 guitar that's ridiculously awesome and out of any price range you'll ever be in!"

If I have one guitar listed, and it's a squier, is it not safe to assume that it's my first guitar?
Quote by anuar_grg
Gio Ibanez series > Squier.

Damn you beat me to it!

Yeah, Gio's are the shiz for beginners. Plus nobody will rip on you for having one.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
I have a quick Squier question. If I trade my old one in (about 2/3 years old at like, a Sam Ash) how much do you think I would get?
Quote by Plaxico1717
I have a quick Squier question. If I trade my old one in (about 2/3 years old at like, a Sam Ash) how much do you think I would get?

40 dollars if you're lucky and if it's in good shape.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Quote by SkyValley
40 dollars if you're lucky and if it's in good shape.

Would it be worth it to trade it in towards a new guitar, or just sell it to my friend?
Quote by anuar_grg
Gio Ibanez series > Squier.

+1. I still use my Ibanez Gio for jams and stuff. Although it is set up for Drop B, so I dont use it as much as my two strats or my jagstang.

Although I am buying a Squier Affinity Series Strat from my friend just to keep in my bedroom with my Fender 25R just for writing and learning on. (NO shows, jams, etc.)
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Why do people bag on squiers? They aren't a top of the line guitar but they play fine..I bought one because I was on the road and poor. So it makes perfect sense- I use it to play and it gets the job done...a housemate of mine even used it to lay down some slide guitar parts on a recording he was doing and his main guitar is a Gibson Les Paul...so don't give this **** about it being terrible and all that.

It gets the job done, brings a unique sound thats great for garage sound or grungey sound and for the price you can't go wrong. Nuff said.
Quote by Plaxico1717
Would it be worth it to trade it in towards a new guitar, or just sell it to my friend?

A guitar store will give you 40 for it and sell it for 100 to make $60 profit.

You can sell it to a friend for 100 and make a $100 profit

As with cars, it's better to do private-party sales than dealing with a dealer.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
To me squier is squier but i think some people call it fender squier so their instrument won't sound so weak. It's just like people calling their epiphones gibson epiphone.
Quote by Lgndkllr777
+1. I still use my Ibanez Gio for jams and stuff. Although it is set up for Drop B, so I dont use it as much as my two strats or my jagstang.

Although I am buying a Squier Affinity Series Strat from my friend just to keep in my bedroom with my Fender 25R just for writing and learning on. (NO shows, jams, etc.)

I'm using it for Drop D. I don't know why, even though it is a cheap guitar, it performs so much better than my mexican strat. Probably the humbucker.

No one will rip you because of the large 'Ibanez' logo on the headstock.
R.A.G.E.
He might have been confusing the Squier by Fender with the Fender Esquire. The Fender Esquire is a more expensive guitar, it's shaped like a Tele.

Squier by Fender:

Fender Esquire:
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Last edited by Bpags868 at Nov 16, 2007,
I know it's not the best I've ever played, but I have a Squier accoustic. It's actually quite pretty and it sounds pretty good too. My roomies Yamaha sounds like crap.

That and it's all I have now, as some douche stole my Ironbird
My Gear:

Squier Acoustic

B.C. Rich Ironbird Got Stolen :-(

Fernandes LE-1X

ESP AC 200-E

Fender Frontman 15G
The post with the pics explains it well.

It's funny you should bring this up. Recently I was in a guitar shop in Belfast and there was a pleb there who was clearly a noob that was complaining about the frets on his Fender rusting and arguing with the clerk about it like IT IS A FENDER IT IS!

The clerk said "Where did you buy it?" and he said "Argos...." (a cheap catalogue shop in the uk) - "Well that means it is a Squier BY Fender" and the guy behind the counter looked at me...

I looked back and there was just this mind melding thing where we both felt the word "noob" in the air. Im telling you this because I bloody never have these kinda storys! lol

Good lad for asking, too many people are afraid and the guy that gave you a hard time can go fornicate himself with an iorn stick.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
if a squier is considered a 'starter' guitar, how long should it be before a new guitar shall be purchased.

for example is using a squier after 3-4 years a wise decision?
They're crap anyways so it isn't of much importance lol.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Actually it's the following:

Squier
By Fender

But anyway Squier aren't **** at all. My strat cost £150 (amp and cable came with it and they were **** but everything else was good) and it needed a bit of setting up and voila. The only problem with it now is that the tuning differs massively when you play on the higher frets, but I can easily avoid that by playing things in alternative ways.

My Website

Sometimes I make people spurt:
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
sigged for making me spurt guiness on my laptop...damn you!

Quote by imdeth

Jimmy that was pure awesomeness. WIN!
Most people think Squier's are bad because of the affinity seris. A standard is okay to play, but it would be better going to get a like £400 Fender...

THEY ROCK MY SOCKS!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Page 1 of 2