i figured this is the best places for this..how do i stop my picks fromsnaping at the bottom or having the edges wear away? i get picks about 0.8 mm
Use real picks, 1mm!

Seriously though, play lighter, harder played stuff isnt for thin picks, unless you arent playing hard then you just need better quality, and you can't stop wear and tear I'm afraid.
Here is what I think:

If you play rhythm-chugging guitar (a la metallica and/or other kind of music like it), chances are, your picks are too thin and will keep breaking or wear out faster. Try using thicker picks.

Try using somethin' between 1.0mm and 1.5mm.

Also, it could have something to do with the way you play your instrument... but that's unlikely.

=]
i find that thicker picks make me slower..and my 0.2 is completely useless
and i generally play cob and anything that is really fast sounds fun and helps show off :P

Behold...the ultimate metal pick (it's actually made of metal). You should be able to find them att bigger guitar stores. This shouldn't snap ( in theory atleast).
Quote by Guitarmike123

Behold...the ultimate metal pick (it's actually made of metal). You should be able to find them att bigger guitar stores. This shouldn't snap ( in theory atleast).

yeah but they sound horrible, and are harsh on the strings
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Use real picks, 1mm!

Seriously though, play lighter, harder played stuff isnt for thin picks, unless you arent playing hard then you just need better quality, and you can't stop wear and tear I'm afraid.

3MM stubbys FTW. screw your pussy 1mm.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
and it wont break my strings if i play it at a weird angle once or twice when soloing? .. and they must sound horrible too..

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Yeah I'd imagine metal picks aren't too great sounding, and just play using a slightly thicker pick then, you use .8? (i'm assuming thats somethign like 0.83 or something?) go up to 0.96?
ive got like 2 of every different size from 0.2 - 2.5 with mm gaps lol..was a birthday present from a freind..so i think i might have a 0.9 / 1.0

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
just try all see which you're comfortable with and see if it works out!
i tried many many picks before I fell in love with Dunlop tortex 1mm.From gibson, to fender, to dunlop, to stagg, loads.
I recently decided to stick to Fender's celluloid mediums...
...They're not too thin to break, and they're not to thick that I can't really use 'em.

Metal picks are ok, but they wear our your strings faster...

Maybe you should try getting a different gauge set of strings?
You gotta find the variable here man, and maybe it's the strings.
Use a different brand. I find Fender picks much worse than Jim Dunlop ones, for example. Barring that, get thicker picks.