...that you're not supposed to get on your guitar because it can ruin finish/wood.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Someone explained it as kind of an STD for guitars because it can transfer between them through playing or repair. It's in some polishing fluids that some people use on their guitars not knowing about the one chemical in there. I'm also curious about what exactly it does.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
I think it's only on nitro finishes, it's also on rubber guitar stands too so you have to put something between the stand and the guitar so the nitro doesnt mess up.
Silicone can creep under the finish of your guitar and make ugly blemishes that are a pain in the butthole to get rid of.
paint thinner? idk, anything thats acidic or corrosive, sometimes even sweat can do something depending on what kindof coat you have. chlorohydric acid is not your friend.
Acetone, I believe.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
polishes with silcone in is the worst culprit. The guitar stand/hanger thing is true, only on nitro cellulose finishes mostly, some others too. I always put a pair of socks over stands/hangars to protect the guitars.