the neck on my knockoff strat is warped it litterally looks like the strings pulled the kneck and in turn raised the action

is there any way to fix this?
its still playable but its becoming more and more of an annoyance

i use ernie ball 10-52 skinny top heavy bottoms on it in case anyone is wondering
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

I don't know much about Strat's but on my LP you unscrew the truss rod cover and turn the truss rod back until the neck is straight.
Quote by sashki
judging by these 'ranks', I guess you were looking at Gibson guitars.

In that case, it goes (worst --> best)
special --> studio --> standard --> custom

When Gibson calls something "special", it's special in the way a retarded kid is.
It doesn't sound like it's warped...Just that there's too much relief.
A truss rod adjustment should fix it...But the truss rod isn't something to be trifled with. Mess it up, and you could break your truss rod and ruin your neck.
there's a guide on projectguitar.com, I'm sure - and more can be found if you Google "Truss Rod adjustment".

Bring it to a guitar shop and ask for a good pro setup. Ask them to straighten the neck and lower the action.
sounds like it will get worse by your description. i could be wrong but I don't think there is anyway to re-straighten it. i would think a new neck would be the cheapest option, but an upgrade(new guitar) might not be a bad option.
Quote by gibo6666
I don't know much about Strat's but on my LP you unscrew the truss rod cover and turn the truss rod back until the neck is straight.

The truss rod isn't something you should just jump in there and adjust. You could potentially ruin your guitar if you screw up.

Quote by sowhat360
sounds like it will get worse by your description. i could be wrong but I don't think there is anyway to re-straighten it. i would think a new neck would be the cheapest option, but an upgrade(new guitar) might not be a bad option.

It doesn't sound it's actually warped. Warped means the neck is bent out of shape...like the fretboard is no longer "flat" and turns to one side.
Quote by sowhat360

the strat is my backup and my first guitar lol

i have a new schecter c1 blackjack so no worries there

EDIT: Btw the truss rod is next to the neck pickup un this piece of **** lol
Quote by forsaknazrael
It doesn't sound it's actually warped. Warped means the neck is bent out of shape...like the fretboard is no longer "flat" and turns to one side.

sorry bowed is the word i think im lookin for
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Last edited by aeon20k at Nov 16, 2007,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Don't listen to those guys. Just bring it into a shop - if they're worth their salt, they'll be able to fix it.

^That's normal. That's how it was on vintage Strats...

well se i brought it to a shop they wanted to do some planar something or other to the frets it wouldnt have been worth the money
Quote by Kensai

hahaha it said a card should barely fit under the string i could fit like 6+ damn this thing is bad

EDIT: there its much better

still not perfect but i cant do anything more

thanks guys
Quote by Kensai

Last edited by aeon20k at Nov 16, 2007,