I have a really, really bad sore throat right now, but it's not strep. Anyone have any remedies for it? I've already chugged a bunch of orange juice and drank like 3 cups of tea.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Strepsils.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but I've had a week+ cold that started out as just a bad throat. It sucked.
Just stay away from cold drinks!

My Mum always says I should have a salt & warm water gargle. Yuck. Dunno if that works cos it makes me gag.
I've found nothing works. I was chewing enough Strepsils to make my entire mouth go numb, didn't help. Just drink a lot and wait it out seems to be all that works...
I'm a communist. Really.
Salt and warm water is really a waste of time; You have relief for maybe 5 minutes before it dries out and you start feeling sore again.

Best thing to do is ride it out. Put on a movie, a video game, whatever your pleasure, and try not to either swallow or think about it.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
I've got a killer sore throat too right now... tonsels are swollen up like liferafts... or some other bad analogy. Got a splitting headache to go with it.

The pharmacist recommended that soluble paracetemol stuff, gargle it and then just drink it. Didn't do much for me, but might work for you. Might wanna try heating up some whiskey and honey in a pot and drinking that, that's generally a good remedy.

Peace
Gutted

Lead singer of one of the bands i'm in, has a sore throat. We have a gig tonight. =\
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Drink hot milk and honey, together. It really soothes it, not permanent but it works a charm for an hour or so.
go to sleep
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Hot water, honey and lemon is what I normally drink. doesn't taste too bad, but you have to have proper honey, not some plastic squeezy bottle yuk...

I've been told semen helps relieve sore throats. But I do not condone this.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
Hot water, honey and lemon is what I normally drink. doesn't taste too bad, but you have to have proper honey, not some plastic squeezy bottle yuk...

I've been told semen helps relieve sore throats. But I do not condone this.

Abit slow on the honey there

And yes I agree.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Abit slow on the honey there

And yes I agree.

Lol well we agree honey is best. Whatever's its mixed with.

but wait. what bit do you agree with?
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

That's what you get for deep throating

But tea is awesome when you have a sore throat.
All I can say is, I hope it ain't tonsillitis. I had it recently, started as a sore throat, escalated to the point I couldn't eat, drink, breathe without it hurting. Didn't sleep for days. My brother told me to gargle whiskey, which didn't work but I still got through a bottle in a couple of days.... just A Bad Thing.

To check it isn't this look in a mirror at your tonsils. Any sign of a white lump anywhere and you're in for a rough time
Do a few shots, no joke it will help.

It won't make it stop hurting immediatley but tommorow morning it will be much better. I always do that when i feel a cold or sore throat coming on because alcohol is the only substance that kills ALL living cells. They say theres no way to make strep go away, a few shots of 151 never did so much good.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
strepsils, thats is all
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.