Poll Options
View poll results: Which one?
Nutter- Partice
21 50%
Biehayn- Colby
21 50%
Voters: 42.
EDIT!!!!!!! It's Bass loops on Biehayns, not colby, BASS LOOPS! Just a note

O.k epic battle here, vote on the best music, not recording, don't vote for who you like more, yada yada yada, O.k Bass time!

Nutter's Partice!

Vs.

Biehayn's Bass Loops!

Poll closes in three days!
Last edited by FbSa at Nov 16, 2007,
You mislabled the poll... You put Biehayn - Colby instead of Bass Loops.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
nutter ftw. much better.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
What's the official stance on voting for oneself?

And I vote Nutter. But I'm gonna crit you both.

Biehayn, good ideas, however, at times things don't fit. I'm sensing some timing issues, and there is a lot of stuff happening in the same register at the same time which doesn't help. There's a few duff note combinations, and I'm not really a fan of the tone. Plus, it seems like exactly what it says on the tin- loops. It just seems to be the same phrase all the way through, with little variation.

Nutter, kill some of that reverb and delay, lol. Very reminiscent of some Tool segues/intermissions, and I like that. I enjoy the fact that it's got a simplistic sounding vibe to it, without actually being that simple in itself. The harmonic choices are generally good. Again, my bugbear is the over-use of the effects.
I'm gonna go with Biehayn. I liked the ideas in Nutter's however I think the effects were pretty severe and if I'm honest, it got a bit boring. I did like the tool-esqueness of it though.
I enjoyed Biehayns and thought there were some nice ideas and riffs, however it felt like the bit on the end was another song, but hey, you get my vote.
signature
I utilize my right to not vote. In my mind, neither of them were that good.

Nutter, you had some interesting ideas, but would work better as an interlude to something else. It wasn't an idea that could work by itself. To be honest it got a little boring.

Biehayn, yours didn't work at all. The thing with loops, is that you have to know what notes your playing and the exact rhythm you want to be playing at all times. It didn't seem like you kept this in mind while making this.

Thus, neither of you deserve my vote so I reserve it.
Biehayn, I felt that yours had lots of potential, but some of the riffs just seemed like they were totally random.

Nutter, yours had cool effects, although the delay could have been scaled back a bit. Justin Chancellor influence? If so, good man
Quote by Charlatan_001
Biehayn, I felt that yours had lots of potential, but some of the riffs just seemed like they were totally random.

Nutter, yours had cool effects, although the delay could have been scaled back a bit. Justin Chancellor influence? If so, good man

Deffo a cross between Disposition and Eon Blue
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Deffo a cross between Disposition and Eon Blue

Shuddup... shuddup!!!!!

*Ahem* Nothing to see here...
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

im voting for biehayn on this one

I'm going to have to go with Biehayn in this one. Nutter's was good, I loved it for the first 30 seconds or so, but then it just began to bore me.

Biehayn had some timing issues and a few of your notes didn't fit. Like Ben said you had stuff in the same register, that's fine, but it can get muddy real fast.

But overall I liked Biehayn's ideas much better, so he gets my vote.
both pieces were good. but to me, Bass Wars is about showing your chops. i base 75% of my vote on demonstrated skills, and 25% on originality, and chord(note) structure. timing is relative to experience, so it counts, but i generally don't subtract much, if i get your point. in this contest i voted for Biehayn. his entry just had more song value. Nutter's piece was good, but sounded more like an interlude, than a song. much respect to both!
See, I value musicality over chops. You may have the chops, but if you can't use them in a musical way, the song will suffer.

Doing something that sounds great with simple techniques is better than writing something crap with advanced techniques any day.
i really liked nutters, i hear what every one is saying abo9ut the interlude tho tho.

i really liked how it was mostly harmonics and every now and then there was a couple fretted notes.

the delay made it seem a little off time at parts tho

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
I'm going with Biehayn on this one. Like I said in the previous round, a simpler idea played better beats a complex idea played...erm...lesser well(?) lol. That's my criterion anyways.

Biehayn: good track, sounds like a song, and played fairly confidently, until the last bit. I was waiting for something else under it. No matter, it would have just given some context. Also, your choice of scale run on the solo part at about the 30s mark wasn't great - it didn't sit well with the sub-line.

Nutter: good idea, and tbh, if you'd got it right I'd have voted for it. But adding delay into it increases the complexity somewhat, and the timing goes west quite badly about the 30s mark, and takes a while to come back. Love the Guy Pratt-esque sub line, but when you brought it out at about the minute mark, I was expecting more development on the harmonics. Or you could have dropped the delay on the harmonics and just gunned it!

But, again, well done both, and may the best basser win!
Quote by FbSa
A freaking tie, go figure...

Now what Fman?

Now what?!?!?
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!