Hey Guys,

I'm trying to decide between the Ibanez AS73 Semi Hollow and the Epiphone 335 Dot. I play Blues and I'm gunna be running it through a Epiphone Valve Junior Half Stack. What do you think i should get? I've tried the AS73 and it sounds pretty darn good.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
is the Ibanez Cheaper? I dunno the price, but knowing Ibanez I expect it to be better value fo' money than the Epiphone.

Not saying the Epi is bad. At all. It kicks ass. But the Ibanez kicks equal ass for less cash.
Well, personally I don't care for any Ibanez, and i'm sure people will be like "HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE IBANEZ?!?!?!?!" I just don't like the feel, the look or the sound of all the ones i've tried.

So If I were you, go try out and play the epiphone too, who knows, you might like the way that one plays/feels better than the ibanez. You don't want to regret you got the wrong guitar now would you? But ultimately it's all about what YOU like best and what feels good for YOU.
I'm a 335 fan, so i'd go for the Epiphone.

Can you not try out the Epiphone as well?

If the Ibanez is the only one you can try out, I would buy it instead of ordering an Epiphone online, as you could end up with a poor guitar.
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
This is probably more a Guitar Center problem than a Ibanez problem but I got one a year ago(AFS75) which a damaged neck that was poorly fixed. It has a bunch of dings that were filled and painted over but didn't hold.

At Guitar Center I was told it was "on sale" and not defective but I think that was a lie. $250 instead of $350 is too good to be true on a new guitar.

Don't know if this helps really...if others have had this problem with similar models, but maybe it's something to check for? It's otherwise a great guitar.
Look Ma, No Sig!!!
I played both extensively and bought the Ibanez. No regrets. Better neck, better quality, better looking. The pickups on the Dot were slightly hotter, but again I like the ACH's better on the Ibanez.
The Ibanez will be far better for the price - the build quality and hardware totally surpasses that of any Epiphone in the price range! However if you get a chance to play both, make sure you do so before laying down any cash....
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Well, personally I don't care for any Ibanez, and i'm sure people will be like "HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE IBANEZ?!?!?!?!" I just don't like the feel, the look or the sound of all the ones i've tried.

So If I were you, go try out and play the epiphone too, who knows, you might like the way that one plays/feels better than the ibanez. You don't want to regret you got the wrong guitar now would you? But ultimately it's all about what YOU like best and what feels good for YOU.

thats soo cool. I dont like ibanez wither...I thought I was the only one here. I would go for the epiphone
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground