im looking for a second guitar ad i have about £180 im only 15 i will go higher if need be i play mostly metal and hard rock

Thanks
Quote by colen
wtf is a gibson fender tellecaster
metal and hard rock? the ibanez, schechter or jackson that fits yoru price best :p

or anything with a humbucker and maybe a thin neck if youu prefer combined with a good metal amp?

someone with real knowledge on metal guitars reply please? all I can say is that strats and LPs wont do :p
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Trem or non-trem?
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
try the Ibanez's.
Good for the moneey. Just depends on series, but im not into Ibanez;s much so just wait for a better answer on whoch series.
Isn't £180 around 260-270 in usd? Because in that range I'd go for this

EDIT: No, I'm an idiot.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
go for that in the black stream
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
the only thing wrong with that is the colour but i recon i could find it in another colour thanks
Quote by colen
wtf is a gibson fender tellecaster
[quote="'']Most people will tell you that it's not a metal guitar but it can definatly handle it. Epiphone g400. Unbelivebly cheap for such a playable guitar

But if your more into a mondern guitar save abit more cash and get a jackson or an esp
I agree with the G400, but TS will have to save up another £20 or so
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I love these threads to be honest so I'll help you cos I'm kind
Though I warn you, i've been at the baileys for two hours so i may be a little hard to understand (Love that drink)

If you go non trem you'll be able to get very soon as there are some good none trem guitars out there I'll list now:
Ibanez RG321
EPiphone G400 (SG)
Epiphone Les Pauls( various types)
Squier affinity strat (make sure it's affinity so it has decent wood, also this has a trem but a vintage one)
Squier affinity Tele (tele tones probably not what you want at all)

You could probably get more always look before you buy here's a tip if the specs say "solid hardwood" or soemthing which doesnt say what wood it is, avoid it. Also If it says "agathis" I wouldnt suggest it, if you're ONLY playing high gain heavy stuff then sure but it's not for cleans (look up "Chatreeo erotomania" on youtube and hear the clean part, terrible but the high gain part, fine so agathis CAN be good)

Now trems, you WILL need to save for more.
I'll give you a brief introduction, first you need to know, Trems AREN'T hard to string or tune.
Peopel say they are but they arent, for tuning,, just keep it in standard/drop D or the lower tuning equivalent and you're fine dropping one string doesnt mess it up.
And changing the string just put something to raise the trem under it and then string, and tighten (but not tune) your strings, take out the thing underneath then tune. Done.

Now for the guitars, avoid any that say "Edge III" "egde II" "Lo TRS" "double locking tremolo" (or something vague like that" but usually the price=quality so if it's a £70 guitar that says "Liscenesed Floyd Rose" it'll be cack but a £400 guitar will most likely be good. You get me?

Now for the actual guitars, you can get the RG350 right? Its a great guitar BUT the trem lets it down, now I know someone who has one of these and their trem has ****ed them about but they stay loyal cos they don't want to admit my guitar is better, you may be able to stay with this till you can afford an official floyd rose (around £160, expensive I know) because the edge III is an EXACT fit to an OFR (learn these abreviations, you'll need them) just do it yourself or take it to a guitar shop. Now this would have you set for years.

Now that is probably the best idea for that price range, well that or a similiar idea, changing the trem, but I know for a fact Edge III changes exactly for an OFR (by the way Ibanez makes edge and ZR trems the others are liscensed by floyd rose or floyd rose tremolos ibanez have their own designs and they are just as good as the OFRs unless they're the edge III, II or TRS)

Or you could go used, I've used a simile around here about used guitars as people are appposed to them "Would you not go out with a girl just because she's had another boyfriend?" it's the same with guitars but with owners.
If you can get a used:
Ibanez S470/520
Ibaenz RG1570/550/570/2550
You'll be set not just for years, FOR LIFE.
People live by these and although it's a **** example Herman Li (I don't like dragonforce by the way) uses his S470 still! And I love mine!

These are your best bets for trems
^ yea what he said

(and no matter what someone above said don't consider strat/tele models for metal unless youu like the weird sound strat+higainbucker+metal amp gives)
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Dude, sometimes I prefer the single coil on m Ibanez to reach metal tones over the humbucker! I'm not sure about tele metal tones as I've never gained up a tele but seriously singles at high gain are gewd!

But I'm assuming this guy is more into the humbucker tone, I'm experimental all round so you know