Page 1 of 2
Im looking for an electric guitar for around $600- $1200. Im looking for nice pickups (preferably SDs or Dimarzios), good wood(no basswood...blech) and a nice deep tone. I play everything from neoclassical metal to reggae so im looking for a very versatile guitar. Anybody have any suggestions?
Ibanez s series? then swap out the pups?
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Look for a Gibson SG or Fender Telecaster.
Both versitile, and with the tele, go for the humbucker edition, and switch them out for pickups fo choice. Pro axe right there.
Carvin DC145
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Bad amp + good guitar = crap tone.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Nov 16, 2007,
ANYTHING (seriously) off the ESP LTD Deluxe series (1000's series), ESP Eclipse II, Jackson Soloist SL-3, prestige Ibanez but you'd have to swap out the pups, Carvin
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
Alo, you should tell us what kind of necks do you prefer.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i'm not sure if you noticed, but you just stated a ridiculously wide price range. i guarantee most people are going to give different answers. you're gonna have to look around yourself, theres tons of options.
yeah it doesnt really matter what neck shape...im pretty used to C shaped but i dont have a problem with getting used to a wizard 2 or something. thanks for the advice everyone :P..and the price thing... the reason i put such a big price range is cause i know some companies make guitars as low as $600 with stock SDs but the most i would pay is around 1200 (which i would only do if its like a really good deal).
Quote by shrugs1434
Any parker guitar screams versatility

www.parkerguitars.com

check out the niteflys or the P-series. Most niteflys have dimarzio stock pups

i loove parkers but if i were to get one id want to make sure it has the piezo pickup bridge on it (not sure if thats what its exactly called but we). i just wish the cheaper ones had a neck through body
What amp?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by just17n8
ibanez prestige S... http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAS2170FB

it my dream guitar (at the moment)

EDIT: THIS COMES WITH DIMARZIOS STOCK.... so no need to change pups

Those aren't realy DiMarzios... They're more of a "Designed By" pickup, but they are a little better than other stock Ibanez pickups.

+1 to the, "What amp?"
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
If you like a V shape and fast neck, I'd recommend the Jackson RR5.
Quote by aznrockerdude
What amp?

right now im using line 6 spider3 75w (yes i know...after the guitar im probably gonna try and get a Marshall MG100)
Last edited by DeathRattle27 at Nov 19, 2007,
Quote by rwalby9
If you like a V shape and fast neck, I'd recommend the Jackson RR5.

yeah i played the RR5 acouple months ago at guitar center, love the feel and look but i wasent really digging the sound. then again it could have been the amp i was using it on.
Quote by DeathRattle27
right now im using line 6 spider3 75w ... its o.k. i mostly use it to record with

Then buy a new amp. The guitar isn't going to make that amp sound any better, at all.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by DeathRattle27
after the guitar im probably gonna try and get a Marshall MG100)

NOOOOOO
I am the Infantry.
Quote by DeathRattle27
right now im using line 6 spider3 75w (yes i know...after the guitar im probably gonna try and get a Marshall MG100)

Oh dear god... Please DO NOT get an MG, if you're considering getting an MG, don't even buy a new guitar, you obviously don't know what tone is yet.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Stay away from Marshall and Line 6. They'll make you sound worse.
hey, i would buy matrix-claw's 5150 Combo amp, damn good deal.

sell the spider, get the guitar money and bam!!! good amp
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
try going with an Ibanez SZ720...they play great, they're very versatile (no tremolo bridge though, so if you want one of those, look at an rg)...i have one, and its good for classical through heavy metal. also, they look gorgeous.
Quote by DeathRattle27

NO. NO. NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
Schecter C-1 Classic, it has Seymour Duncans and a mahogany body.

Also, I'm going to have to disagree with you on basswood being a bad tone wood.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Quote by ibanezluvr
get a shecter c-1 classic.

my styles range just as wide as yours and i got a Schecter C-1 Semi-Hollowbody Electric Guitar with Piezo Pickup. i'm planning on replacing the stock duncan deigned pickups, but they're really not that bad. get it!

edit: o yah. don't get an MG. I did that too and its my biggest regret. ever.
Quote by rwalby9
Stay away from Marshall MG Series and Line 6 Spider series. They'll make you sound worse.

fixed. Marshall makes wonderful amps outside of the MG's. I hear some of Line 6's upper models aren't too bad.
I've got an ESP EC-400 and play through a Vox AD30VT. I love the guitar, it was worth every penny and you can probably pick one up for about $600. The AMP isn't great, but it gets the job done for only about $200.

ESP makes a range of nice, relatively cheap guitars. Unfortunately it's hard to find a dealer that has them in stock, but Sam Ash usually has a few.
ok so i take it that the mg series sucks...i never actually checked them out yet i was going to go next week end to play on acouple. my friend got one a few weeks ago and was telling me it sounded great. ill deffinatly stay away from those though.thanks for the heads up. I heard good things about the B-52s so i gotta check some of them out. anyone know anything about them tone wise?
Quote by DeathRattle27
ok so i take it that the mg series sucks...i never actually checked them out yet i was going to go next week end to play on acouple. my friend got one a few weeks ago and was telling me it sounded great. ill deffinatly stay away from those though.thanks for the heads up. I heard good things about the B-52s so i gotta check some of them out. anyone know anything about them tone wise?

The B-52 AT amps are excellent sounding amps and are very versatile, however, I have heard stories that they are unreliable and can break easily.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Quote by stanleybach
The B-52 AT amps are excellent sounding amps and are very versatile, however, I have heard stories that they are unreliable and can break easily.
ok thanks ill have to find some more info on that.
either go with a schecter c-1 classic (neck thru body, and real SD pickups) and get a nice amp too or go with a parker
get mabye a used 5150 and then a good guitar for around 500
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Page 1 of 2