Please help out with suggestions (I am in the wrong place for advice though)

Okay, so basically, our singer moved without telling us, and he litterally just left. So our backup singer is now the lead singer, and we have a show to play in about a month. Basically what I need are some suggesions of songs that have vocals that are quite *easy* to sing. When I say easy, I mean that it isnt too fast, and that notes are not that hard to hit with your voice. His voice is pretty low, and he CANNOT sing high, like Axl Rose, for his life haha, so no Guns&Roses. But PLEASE people of the pit. Please give me some suggestions on songs that are easy on vocals
If he's already a singer, shouldn't he already have an idea of songs that he can sing?

EDIT: If you're really in a bad spot, borrow a singer from another band. Call it, "<Your band name here>, featuring <Borrowed singer's name>". That should work for at least one show.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
No, but it is a really important show, and we need all the members that are actualyl going to always be here.
What kind of music do you guys play? You can sing pretty much any song you want in his octave. The Masterplan by Oasis is absolutely amazing and the vocals aren't very difficult. But you may need to get a violinist. And a third guitarist. And a pianist. And a dude that can play the trumpet...

Or you could sing You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC
lower the key for some songs to fit his range maybe?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by guitarmannn
We play more hard rock stuff, like Nirvana

There ya go. Nirvana.

Maybe Dani California? I dont know...
Quote by Schneiderman
If he's already a singer, shouldn't he already have an idea of songs that he can sing?

EDIT: If you're really in a bad spot, borrow a singer from another band. Call it, "<Your band name here>, featuring <Borrowed singer's name>". That should work for at least one show.

i assume by "backup" singer he doesn't really do much other than add to the singer's bit in some places.

but that idea is good, find a temporary replacement if possible

My mind is going. I can feel it.
my dad is in a band that has a singer with similar vocal style...they do songs by the goo goo dolls, and stuff like that (the typical 90's scene radio rock)
Do Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam, pretty much all he has to do is mumble and make noises.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by jakesmellspoo
oh, so you play nirvana! molly's lips is super easy

Molly's Lips is NOT Nirvana.

Kurt Cobain raped that song, and I hope he is burning in hell for it.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

I really actually liked his cover, much better than the original in my opinion
try "an apology" by floater.
easy vocals but catchy
my gear:
ibanez RG
digitech RP250
crate RFX15
marshall 30-watt

ignore the username
Quote by Eminored
I'd start a World War too if I listened to enough polka.

Quote by COBHC728
To TriviumJunkie: You need rehab my friend

stanleybach ur fucking banned!!
APSH!!
Quote by Negative_Creep7
I really actually liked his cover, much better than the original in my opinion

Not if you have ears.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
The original Molly's Lips sounds so weenie, I love that song.

And try some Meat Puppets.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

i know its not by nirvana you ass face. and there wasn't much of a song to begin with for nirvana to "rape". why don't you just go away with your nirvana bashing. you do know that eugine and kurt played together once?
anything by Bob Dylan, Dire Straits or Lou Reed requires very little vocal skill, just enthusiasm