Yeah, so the Dropkick Murphys are in town tomorow (for those of you who dont know their music, it's punk with celtic influences...by which i mean they sing about beer and have a bagpipe player ) and i'm gonna go.

its common knowledge that the Murphys have quite the skinhead following. They arent racists, but they sign about skinheads in the sense of working class youth who cause trouble.

the thing is, i have an anti-nazi patch on my jacket. its like a swastika with a red circle and a line through it, like on a no-parking sign.

do you think that if i were to go with this patch that i could possibly wind up in a confrontation with six shaven-headed goons with switchblades, or am i worrying for nothing?

(or should i just wear my other jacket?)
Nope, skinheads against racism ftw (having been a skinhead myself)
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Why don't you just wear another jacket to be safe? Though if you're a good fighter and you've got some buddies, it's a great way to bait-and-beat some racist scum.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by wiggy1988
Nope, skinheads against racism ftw (having been a skinhead myself)

i know that quite a few skinheads are anti-racist, a couple of my good friends are like this, but theres always a few idiots...'
Quote by Schneiderman
Why don't you just wear another jacket to be safe? Though if you're a good fighter and you've got some buddies, it's a great way to bait-and-beat some racist scum.

i AM a good fighter...for my age. but im 16. and this is a show with a bar. therfor there will be drunk adults, traveling in packs.
yeah, most fans are against racism; you'll be set. even if there's a couple nazis mad at you, i'm pretty sure you'd have the backing of essentially the entire audience
Quote by jimmyjimjim
yeah, most fans are against racism; you'll be set. even if there's a couple nazis mad at you, i'm pretty sure you'd have the backing of essentially the entire audience

Never worth the risk, especially if it just means wearing your other jacket.

well said

Never worth the risk, especially if it just means wearing your other jacket.

good point...but its such a sweet, modified punk jacket that im having trouble resisting.

most people arent wankers, you'll be fine son

the word "wanker" is the real reason that i love people from the UK...what would the world be without the word "wanker?"
Quote by dannay
what would the world be without the word "wanker?"

a dark, dark place.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
JAckets + Punk Rock Show = Really Hot tempertures.

canada - jackets = not being able to go outside for a nice, fat blunt.
Just cos some of them are skins doesn't mean they're racists/nazi's/whatever
Trust me you'll be fine, like Xeus said, most people aren't wankers. I saw them last year and they were fuckin incredible!
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Just cos some of them are skins doesn't mean they're racists/nazi's/whatever
Trust me you'll be fine, like Xeus said, most people aren't wankers. I saw them last year and they were ****in incredible!

im lookin forward to it. this thread is a big confidence boost
Not actually Irish, Scottish or Celtic.

i know. its pretty sad actually. they do a good job of fakin it, though.
Quote by dannay
i know. its pretty sad actually. they do a good job of fakin it, though.

I've always found it really strange. I am sure a certain number of fans do not actually know that! Still, they'd be good fun.. so as I said, enjoy it. Oh, and wear whatever the **** you want; if someone has a problem with it, thats precisely their problem!
I live in Boston..... I like the D.K.M, but if I hear that song State of Massachusettes one more time I'm going to cut someone.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
You will be fine. I have seen them four times, twice at warped tour. And I still have all my limbs. Have fun at the show!
Just carry razor blades in your mouth. If you get beat up, might as well go out cutting someone up...

...or bleedin' out of your mouth...
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
delete
Guitar:
Floyd Rose discovery series 3 (with speed loader bridge)
Gibson Les paul studio
Pedals:
Zoom G2.1U pedal
Amps:
vox valvetronix 50 watt
Dean "stack in a box" headphone amp
Last edited by unforgiven_hope at Sep 7, 2017,
Quote by dannay
there will be drunk adults, traveling in packs.

Oh my, that just made my night
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
I would assume most people would be cool about it, but all you need is one or two drunk assholes to start something up. I'd just wear the other jacket to be safe.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM