whats up guys what do you think of the marshall jvm, im thinking about getting one and i just wanted your opinions. thx
My Gear
gibson les paul standard 50's neck
Taylor 210e
Michael kelly patriot shadow
strat copy
squire :p
marshall dsl 100
peavey windsor straight and slant/W/wgs veteran 30's
crate g130
vox ad50vt

ehx big muff
Best Marshall on the market.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=702510
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713954

... so which one is the serious one???

I thought JVM was spectacular. i mean, jesus ur paying that much money, u can't buy it used yet since its so new, so yea. i thought it was worth like... $1,500. out of $1800 new.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i changed my mind lol
My Gear
Taylor 210e
strat copy
marshall dsl 100
crate g130
vox ad50vt

ehx big muff
at least change ur thread titles...

compare it side by side? can u do that at ur shop? don't tell me ur gonna buy it after listening to all the UGers comment on it...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
im gonna go to guitar center
My Gear
Taylor 210e
strat copy
marshall dsl 100
crate g130
vox ad50vt

ehx big muff
Mesa has sa marsahll tone??? wtf??? when did this happen?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Not the same tone, but it can do classic rock, clean, blues, metal, all very well. I suppose if you want the true marshall tone, mesa probably isn't the best company to look into...actually, I'd have to play a stilletto next to a marshall....haven't tried that...But the roadster has the 4 channel 3 mode each, independent reverbs, etc. of the JVM plus some other stuff.
It's the best 'modern' Marshall available,but I still don't like it.

This is basically 'cause there's tons of better amps available in the same price range....
Quote by TheShred201
Not the same tone, but it can do classic rock, clean, blues, metal, all very well. I suppose if you want the true marshall tone, mesa probably isn't the best company to look into...actually, I'd have to play a stilletto next to a marshall....haven't tried that...But the roadster has the 4 channel 3 mode each, independent reverbs, etc. of the JVM plus some other stuff.

it 'can' is not waht i like. he's been hunting for the marshall tone for three threads now. so u think he would fall for a Mesa? i doubt he'd even play it.

and he has a mesa too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
it 'can' is not waht i like. he's been hunting for the marshall tone for three threads now. so u think he would fall for a Mesa? i doubt he'd even play it.

and he has a mesa too.
Damn good point, but if he was after a real 'Marshall' tone I doubt he'd be considering a JVM. The only amps I can immediately think of with the real Marshall tone are the JTM (Plexi) series and the JCM 800/900 - those are the tones that a Boogie simply can't replicate!

The JVM is basically Marshall's attempt to break into the elusive Mesa/Boogie market with a versatile amp that sounds good for any style...and they did a damn good job, but there's lots of other stuff that sounds better for around the same price.
Quote by kyle62
Damn good point, but if he was after a real 'Marshall' tone I doubt he'd be considering a JVM. The only amps I can immediately think of with the real Marshall tone are the JTM (Plexi) series and the JCM 800/900 - those are the tones that a Boogie simply can't replicate!

The JVM is basically Marshall's attempt to break into the elusive Mesa/Boogie market with a versatile amp that sounds good for any style...and they did a damn good job, but there's lots of other stuff that sounds better for around the same price.

yea. that's true. but the JVM still have the marshall vibe. it's just that it's not that accentuated Marshall vibe like a JCM800 or a cranked plexi. but i really think the JVM is VERY versatile.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I officially love just about everyone in this thread because you actually took other peoples opinions into consideration and kinda came to an agreement about an amp which you didnt have at first. Really, i wish this could happen more often. Kudos people, kudos.

Anyway i thought the JVM was good but i did find the clean lacking a bit and the overdrive 2 chanel a bit thin, though this could've been because i couldnt crank it. Still, very good, versatile amp.
^i'd imagine it would be fuller sounding when u crank it. but then 100 watts tube. u better put that thing into an isolation box haha.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
you could do worse, but you could also do better. IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ECistheBest

and he has a mesa too.

I've heard the Mesa stilettos can do Marshally sounds very well.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
No it's NOT the best marshall- it's trying too hard to do too much.
It's very overrated with a load of knobs and dials. You can do better for the money.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by timi_hendrix
I've heard the Mesa stilettos can do Marshally sounds very well.

i heard the version 2 was improved, but the version 1 i tried sounded to me like a mesa trying to do marshall. Still a nice amp (if over-priced like most mesas in the UK), though.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
This may be bais seeing that I own it, But I have found it to be amazing. Its is definitly in the Modern High Gain territory. So many sounds and features. So versitle. I absolutly Love mine. I traded back my new 6505+ for the JVM. I actually found the JVM to have a MUCH MUCH better distortion. It has just as much gain as the peavy, But it is voiced SO much better. Much more Musical and expressive.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
It's a tube Marshall man. You can't go wrong!
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Rockerverb 50 maybe?
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD