Page 1 of 2
Paid $950 for it on Ebay.

How it differs from the standard LTD Alexi-600's:
-Deeper cutaway for better upper fret access.
-Unpainted neck with natural satin finish

The rest of the differences are purely cosmetic.

I was planning on buying a Jackson RR24, but decided against it due to this reasoning: An RR24 costs $1225, and I payed $275 less than that for the Alexi. The main thing people seem to complain about with the Alexi is the EMG HZ-4 pickup. If I really wanted to, I could replace it with a Blackout for $90. Then I'd basically have an RR24, but with a thicker (I prefer thicker necks like that on a Gibson SG) satin-finished neck and a deeper cutaway. And that's still $185 cheaper than the RR24. Yes, the Jackson is made in Japan, but I honestly don't think I'd notice a difference in quality. Higher-end LTD's seem to be really reliable these days.

Anyway, I love the guitar. It's so sexy and plays really well. I'm going to have to lower the action a bit and switch to 11-gauge strings for tuning down, but other than that it's awesome. Once I upgrade my amp I may swap pickups, but that's no trouble.

Pics (sorry for the crappy quality...only camera I have is my phone):

Very sexy I've got the Edwards E-AL-128 and I love it! I prefer the satin neck over painted any day of the week.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Nice.

What I don't get is how Jackson got away with the RR24, it isnt copyrighted but it's so bloody obvious what they're trying to do

Yeah seriously!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Heh... I've almost been there with my Edwards, actually

What? It's not wierd!

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

What does COBHC stands for?

Fine piece of art,TS.I hope to get one too.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
COBHC = Children of Bodom Hate Crew

BTW, Pink are INSANELY Metal. I want one of those!!!! Nice buy.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Nice.

What I don't get is how Jackson got away with the RR24, it isnt copyrighted but it's so bloody obvious what they're trying to do

I'm not entirely sure, but this is how I remember it from a Wikipedia article that I read a while ago: Alexi Laiho was originally considering Jackson to make his signature guitar, not ESP. They were gonna dub it the RR L/L (for Laiho and the last name of the other guitarist in CoB, which I cannot recall right now). I believe they only made a small amount of them, and Alexi and the other guy were only allowed to play it for promotional purposes. Then they turned to ESP who could give them a better deal. I believe the RR24 is just the by-product of that whole mess, and IMO it's ironically a much better guitar than the ESP Alexi.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I think i jizzed. That is gorgeous, the pink actually looks amazing with the black, i might have to get me one of these..
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Mafro - Actually, long story short...Alexi was with Jackson for a while until his guitars got stolen. He was in a tight situation because he needed guitars to play for his shows, and Jackson wasn't able to make him replacement guitars for another year. Being that ESP jumped in there and said they could make him some signature guitars in a few months, he signed to ESP. I would have gotten the Jackson RR24 over the standard Alexi-600s, but the Special Edition Alexi was just too good a deal to pass up.

Also, it's limited edition. There are only 150 (I believe) in the world, so if you really wanted on you'd have to get lucky with it like I did with mine, or pay lots of money in Euros for some of the last ones available. I saw mine come up on Ebay for a cheap price after searching Ebay every day for a few weeks.
Beatiful, I wouldn't like that HZ though.

And was that a triforce reflecting in the guitars finish in the 7th pic down?
Beatiful, I wouldn't like that HZ though.

And was that a triforce reflecting in the guitars finish in the 7th pic down?
that is sick!

I dont like the yellow alexi, but the pink one makes me wet hahah
I actually wasn't planning on getting his earlier signature models, but when this limited pink edition came out, I HAD to give in. Not to mention the deeper cutaway AND satin-finished neck! What a prize!

Natel - Hahaha yeah it is. A few friends and I were painting stuff, and I decided to paint a triforce because Zelda is FTW.
At the mention of the triforce this page became super cool*.

*Cool may actually mean slightly nerdy.

I don't care LoZ rocks.

And I see (about the jackson/esp thing) but I would've chosen jackson to be honest, but thats probably after seeing the ESP Alexi sig which isnt my thing.
That is one sexy, sexy guitar.

As picky as I am about them, I love the V body shape.

There's something about them, though (and I don't know why, aside from the people who have played them), but I'm generally not a lead guitarist, and I can't think of many (or any) notable rhythm guitarists to play them.
Oh damn, sorry but how can someone buy a guitar that's so ****ing ugly, damn. And the a signature model, and only one Pickup...
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Nice.

The rr24 is just an rr with extra frets. It doesnt hae the body shape change of the alexi.

And besides, if esp sued jackson for the rr24, they could just sue right back because ESP ripped of the RR for the alexi. ESP is one company that can't get into a lawsuit over design since all their designs are clearly derived from other companies
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
thats pretty sweet dude, I'd take my Jackson over it any day like but for some reson the pink does call to me =p
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
I Think im gonna paint my rx10d like tht
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
Quote by fixationdarknes
Mafro - Actually, long story short...Alexi was with Jackson for a while until his guitars got stolen. He was in a tight situation because he needed guitars to play for his shows, and Jackson wasn't able to make him replacement guitars for another year. Being that ESP jumped in there and said they could make him some signature guitars in a few months, he signed to ESP. I would have gotten the Jackson RR24 over the standard Alexi-600s, but the Special Edition Alexi was just too good a deal to pass up.

Also, it's limited edition. There are only 150 (I believe) in the world, so if you really wanted on you'd have to get lucky with it like I did with mine, or pay lots of money in Euros for some of the last ones available. I saw mine come up on Ebay for a cheap price after searching Ebay every day for a few weeks.

Well I knew about his crap being stolen... if that happened to me I would track them down and make them pay. But I don't have money like Alexi does =p

Nice move on getting that over the RR24 since it's such a rare guitar. It does look quite sexy.
$950 eh?

i gotsta start savin after i get me a good amp.

that would look so sick with some Pink DR strings
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
guh....$950 for a guitar straight out of the 80's that didn't even get fit with a real EMG?

that guitar is a total ripoff. they sell it at a true replica of the artists price tag, but don't even give you the real deal.

I think the white & black look a world apart better. oh well.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Quote by 2_Fast_2_Vader
guh....$950 for a guitar straight out of the 80's that didn't even get fit with a real EMG?

that guitar is a total ripoff. they sell it at a true replica of the artists price tag, but don't even give you the real deal.

I think the white & black look a world apart better. oh well.

It is the real deal. It's exactly what Alexi plays. He uses those HZ's. Yeah, they suck for what they are, but he has it running through lots of effects and such, to the point where the sound gets changed so much that the pickups don't matter nearly as much. So really, if somebody bought this guitar just so that they could sound like Alexi, they would also have to find out what all the effects he uses are, and the amps he uses.

Plus, like he said, it's a limited model. Only 150 were made. I would say that's a pretty damn good deal.
Quote by mafropetee
It is the real deal. It's exactly what Alexi plays. He uses those HZ's. Yeah, they suck for what they are, but he has it running through lots of effects and such, to the point where the sound gets changed so much that the pickups don't matter nearly as much. So really, if somebody bought this guitar just so that they could sound like Alexi, they would also have to find out what all the effects he uses are, and the amps he uses.

Plus, like he said, it's a limited model. Only 150 were made. I would say that's a pretty damn good deal.

Alexi himself said he didn't really like the sound of the HZ, that's why he switched to the Seymour Duncan Blackout. I think he also has somekind of gain boost built into the guitar.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
In my opinion the only good thing about it is the paint job. Picture it without the pink, and it's a boring guitar.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
congrats!!! nice guitar that is purely for shredding,,,I honestly dont like the pink though, but that is just personal preference
Quote by thedude051
Nice guitar. The colour reminds me of Miami Vice

That's what Alexi had in mind when he chose that specific color
Quote by SG Man Forever
Alexi himself said he didn't really like the sound of the HZ, that's why he switched to the Seymour Duncan Blackout. I think he also has somekind of gain boost built into the guitar.

He added the gain boost to the HZ, then realized that was a retarded move and switched to the Blackouts, but that wasn't untill very recently, and his signature guitars have been out for years in Japan (the real ones, not the modified American ones).

Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Nov 18, 2007,
^lol, if he wanted more gain and was using a passive EMG, you'd think he'd just decide to go with an 85 in the bridge. Oh well, maybe he just didn't want to rout the guitar.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Page 1 of 2