At the moment i have a cheap Watson amp and although I'm a beginner with a yamaha pacifica i crave something better. I'm very interested in the orange crush 30r as it apparently has a very nice clean tone which is what I'm interested in. I'm a student and i only have a part time job at morrisons and i therefore can't afford anything much over 100 quid and this fits my category perfectly, i also really like the look of it, the orangeness makes it look pretty lush

I just want some opinions on this amp before i buy it. Thanks in advance!
Thomas Erak from the fall of troy uses orange amps...i havent tried them myself, but if you want an example of the clean tone, look up the song "Caught Up" by them
^That guy most certainly doesn't use Orage Crushs, but the "real" Tube Oranges.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Quote by fexnah
^That guy most certainly doesn't use Orage Crushs, but the "real" Tube Oranges.

Indeed, which unsurprisingly i can't afford.
Quote by Ghopki02
Indeed, which unsurprisingly i can't afford.

It's another solid state amp, but it has Orange stamped on it. I haven't heard that it's anything greater than any other similar SS amp.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
It looks cool though, like all oranges.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
If you're gonna get a crush, the most you'd want is like 15 watts, becuase it should be for practice.

If you plan on gigging, don't buy a crush, they're actually not that cheap, look hot, but isn't good enough really.
I definitely won't be gigging for a very long time. I assumed the 30w would sound better generally than the 15w cos it has a bigger speaker. Or am i wrong? When i saw the crush 30 in a shop i thought it looked pretty small for a 30w.

Will the 30w sound the same as the 15w? Does the 30w just mean extra volume?
Quote by Ghold125
we all know what happened with the Marshall MG series...

Dare I say its worse? Not only do they cost as much as an MG but they do less. Sound wise, they aren't any spectacle as mentioned. I would skip it.
meh, practice amps are practice amps. get it if you like the tone. if you want versatility, most people would like to steer you towards the valvetronix or the cube.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Ghopki02
At the moment i have a cheap Watson amp and although I'm a beginner with a yamaha pacifica i crave something better. I'm very interested in the orange crush 30r as it apparently has a very nice clean tone which is what I'm interested in. I'm a student and i only have a part time job at morrisons and i therefore can't afford anything much over 100 quid and this fits my category perfectly, i also really like the look of it, the orangeness makes it look pretty lush

I just want some opinions on this amp before i buy it. Thanks in advance!

If you could save another 100 quid you could pickup a Laney LC15, which would be an amazing amp compared to the Orange Crush.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I think the problem is that people haven't even TRIED the crush series.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't either, but I'm just saying, there are probably a lot of "here-say" going on.

Ex: The Marshall MG.

Of course, 95% of UG's population despises MG's mainly because they aren't as "good" as marshall tube amps. So what do we do with the orange solid state amps? Hate on them, as well?

Exactly.

I'm just saying, go and try it for yourself and see how you like it.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Last edited by Jinskee at Nov 17, 2007,
Quote by The Spoon
Thomas Erak from the fall of troy uses orange amps...i havent tried them myself, but if you want an example of the clean tone, look up the song "Caught Up" by them

Yes and an army of distortion pedals. Very rarely does he use the amps distortion. Either way. I like FOT lol.
well i would go for a vox valvetronix... and i might get flamed for saying this , but i really do prefer solid state cleans to those of tubes...dont get me wrong i mean the crunch on tubes is great, but i think the pristine cleaness of solidstate sells me... if you are looking for great cleans the epiphone firefly dsp is actually very nice which is why im not selling it although i am however saving for a tube combo i hope to ab the two instead of just using a distortion pedal...

short answer: if youre looking for cleans vox valvetronix or epiphone firefly dsp are great cheap amps the latter has awesome cleans (but really really really weak and noisy distortion, hence why i use the big muff)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I have the tried Crush. It sounded decent for a solid state, but I thought it was way over priced and had limited features, which is why I don't recommend it when you could get a Vox or Cube
I've tried the amp you want. it has decent cleans, and can kind of get that small amount of distortion. I would say there is better amps out there for the same price.

roland cube.
Hmm. I payed out for a Crush 15R and it was on par with cube/valvetronix- just without effects.

I love my crush- AS A PRACTICE AMP. it cannot do anything more. It doesn't like to be pushed into high volumes, and the clean doesn't stay clean very well either- i believe it's to do with the gain level knob being active whilst on the clean channel.

As a practice amp, i would reccomend this. It really has just got damn good tone for a 15watt SS- and unless you're a total beginner with effects, i suggest staying away from those onboard effects amps. I find it dulls their tone. Maybe thats just because i have a pedalboard the equivlent in price to my vox AC30.......

Oh, speaking of which, the Crush handles pedals well too.

EDIT: Oops, i just noticed you're looking at the 30r. To be honest, i doubt there is much of a difference in terms of tone. I think the 30 will give you more clean headroom, but still- the 15R would be loud enough for college. Provided you're not gigging. I don't think i read you're post properly lol....
Last edited by FunctionF2 at Nov 17, 2007,