last night we finally got a new computer which we badly needed and this afternoon i've been setting it up and all that jazz but as you can tell i successfully got my modem working but when i tried to plug in my router i couldn't connect to the internet. Can anyone help me?

btw my router is a linksys WRT54G
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
so anyone want to help a good friend?
Are trying to connect via wireless or with an ethernet cable? Also, have you tried hooking up your computer straight to the modem?
w/ ethernet cable everytime i've tried to set it up with previous computers i always get this problem but forget how to rememdy it, and yeah i hooked it straight up to the modem like it is now which is how im online haha, once i plug it up through the router i cant connect to the internet
we got the same router lol. but er idk what to do. i actually forgot how my router was able to work, since its been so long, have you checked the firewall and other stuff idk.
Quote by primusfan
if she's squatting over you it greatly increases the risk of breaking your dick in case it comes out. but that shouldn't be a problem for UGers because they all have 8" penises.
the way i find things working is if your router doesn't have a modem built inside, plug the modem into the WAN port (if it has one) then you computer into any of the LAN ports, should work. if not then your on ur own
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
anyone else wondered for a second "How did he get online?"
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by iceman_8319
anyone else wondered for a second "How did he get online?"

not reli.. altho that is a good question
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by cyclobs
not reli.. altho that is a good question

he said he unplugged the ethernet from the router and put it back on his modem to reconnect.
Quote by primusfan
if she's squatting over you it greatly increases the risk of breaking your dick in case it comes out. but that shouldn't be a problem for UGers because they all have 8" penises.
If you haven't found a solution the problem you may want to check how many DHCP addresses your router is issuing. You may need to reset the MAC cloning so your ISP sees the MAC of your modem or NIC depending which they map to; and not your router. Beyond these issues I am not sure what is causing the problem.

HTH,
John
“Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.”