Page 1 of 2
Christmas is coming soon and my parents are asking me if I want the PS3 or the Xbox 360. i herd that he PS3 is becoming a piece of crap and the Xbox 360 is way better. What do you think?
Bow Down to the Rock Gods
another! I dont like being a bastard mate, but there are already loads of threads on this. Look around a wee bit and you'll get plenty of opinions
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate

and theres too many of these already.
Quote by GoobaSun
so i just pulled my shirt up and there was brown stuff looking like boogers coming out of my belly button, I picked a piece and took a whiff...it smells like shitttttttttt! wtf is happening to me?

www.myspace.com/heroesbefore
If it's between those two, 360 by a million miles.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
360 for the games unless you really want the blue ray player included for good HD movies then get a PS3. The PS3 is actually a good deal if your just getting it for the blue ray.
PS3 if you ask me, It will have good games eventually, and it will be worth it.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
dude get a 360 i have both and ps3 has nothing on the 360 and if u get a 360 get the game skate, and guitar hero III but deffinatley xbox 360
I call for a poll!
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
depends on what u like. probably go with a PS3 unless ur a halo fan.
Quote by Orryn
It seems we don't ship products to where you are located. Perhaps if you make your way to our office in Somalia, we would be able to work something out.

Regardless of whether you come or not, we thank you for your bank details and cooperation.
You just have to look at what games are coming out for each system and judge it like that. personally i have PS3 and so far the games are pretty crap.
This is a tough choice. If you ask me, both of these consoles are supreme to the Wii. I'll say PS3.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Wii > 360 > PS3
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
I'll say this again. Instant message me. It'll be easier this way, and I'll give you the facts about both.
And PLEASE, for future reference, post in the Next-Gen Console thread.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
I'd personally take the 360, just because it has so many better games out right now than the PS3.

Mass Effect, need I say more?
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
PS3 will have GRAND THEFT AUTO IV (sure, 360 too) and Tekken 6!

What more do you need?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
PS3 will have GRAND THEFT AUTO IV (sure, 360 too) and Tekken 6!

What more do you need?

Halo 3...360 FTW
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Doodleface
PS3 if you ask me, It will have good games eventually, and it will be worth it.

Yeah, and people will completely stop developing games for the other consoles, right? I don't get why that's such a popular argument for PS3 owners.

And threadstarter, there's enough information scattered around the site to help you decide what you want. No need for this thread.
Quote by soul_power
Halo 3...360 FTW

Don't forget Mass Effect and Bioshock and Gears of War.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
xbox 360 FTW !
My Gear

Epiphone G400 Custom (Tuned to Standard/Drop D)

Dean DFH Baby (Tuned to Drop C)

Epiphone Special II (Tuned to Drop B/Drop A)

Orange Crush 15

Boss MD-2

Ibanez PH-7
360 no contest.

proud owner of one.
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
Quote by Cool Whip
Wii FTW

HELL YEAH!
██████████████████████████████
for me. the PS3 is the ultimate games console, after PC.

seriously, when u play a 360 and a PS3 side by side, you'll see that the PS3 has all the 360 has and more.

I mean come on, the cell processors still aren't being used to their full potential and yet the PS3 still beats the 360's graphics.

just my opinion.

people say Gears of War is good but they haven't played Resistance: Fall of Man, Haze, or MGS4.

'tis an endless debate...
^^ But a lot of people will argue with you that the 360 has a better game selection than the PS3, even though the PS3 may technically be more powerful.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong or argue with you, I'm just saying.
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
Quote by metal4life592
^^ But a lot of people will argue with you that the 360 has a better game selection than the PS3, even though the PS3 may technically be more powerful.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong or argue with you, I'm just saying.

its a very valid correct point, the xbox 360 does have more games out and the ps3 is lacking in that department, however I still go by my original argument that once games become more memory demanding the xbox 360 won't be able to cope (I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that MGS4 can not be put onto the xbox even if it wasn't an exclusive as the xbox doesn't have the blu-ray disc reader due to the size of the game)

360 +
cheaper
better at multi-platform games
halo 3

360 -
online is not free
reliability issues
unreasonably noisy

ps3 +
blu ray (next gen dvd format + large storage for games)
sheer power
online free
rechargeable controllers ( batteries are evil)
built in wireless
built in hard drive on all iterations of the console (means game devs can rely on it - something that cannot be said for the 360)
quiet

ps3 -
costs more (that being said there is a £50 difference between a 20gb 360 and 40gb ps3)
multi-platform games suffer in the framerate department
games line-up still playing catch up with the 360
rofl

Everyone saying 360 will be second guessing their opinions in like 3 years when the X Box is already becoming outdated and the PS3 still reigns.
Quote by TGautier13
rofl

Everyone saying 360 will be second guessing their opinions in like 3 years when the X Box is already becoming outdated and the PS3 still reigns.

Well if that's the case, the PS3 will have gone down in price by then, and I'll just buy one. For now, I personally see the 360 as the better choice, so I'll stick with that, but I'm not trying to tell everyone "zomg ps3 ssux 360 iz bettar", that's just how I feel.
Quote by Trefellin

LastFM
It's all good.

Since the only games I tend to play are sports games nowadays I don't really care about game selection. My roommate has a PS3 so I have one as well by default. :p
With the Xbox 360 its got the best games, online gaming and not to shabby graphics.With the Playstaion 3 you get higher graphics and a big hole in your pocket.I personally like the Xbox 360 better, but i know a lot of ps3 lovers who hate the xbox 360.
My cancer spot is much bigger than yours

Quote by HumBucker666
I get carrot skinned regularly by a electrified carrot skinning device

Quote by GrEgUms1991
I have a small penis if that counts?

^ some pretty awesome sh!t ( click )

Europeans Unite!
PS3 has free internet, but its so darn expensive. Xbox 360 is cheaper, but you pay for online.

BOTTOMLINE: Get a Wii
Page 1 of 2