Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, this is a new song that I've been working on for a while now. It's not done yet, but I haven't put anything up here and a while, and in my opinion, this is the best thing I've written.... ever. It's even better than the last one I put up, which got raving reviews, lol. Speaking of my last song, I'll try to get up off my ass and finish it one of these days. I'll probrably finish this one first though. But anyways.... I hope you guys like it. C4C, dur.

Edit: The final version is up.
Attachments:
New Song.zip
I'm a person.
Last edited by PinkIsCool at Nov 19, 2007,
It sounds really epic and everything. You could put a bass part in though. Other than that i dont think anythings wrong with it at all. Its beautiful
Quote by squallz10
It sounds really epic and everything. You could put a bass part in though. Other than that i dont think anythings wrong with it at all. Its beautiful

I'm telling you what man, I hate writing bass more than anything in the world. But it should have a bass part, I won't deny that.

Thanks for the crit though.
I'm a person.
Quote by Baa I'm a Sheep
eh yeah thats actually pretty good

Haha you sound pretty reluctant.
I'm a person.
damn i wish i knew how to work guitar pro. gj man im thoroughly impressed. do you have a guitarist? ill play for you? seriously epic metal with classical elements is my passion. anyways thats good. for a little bit it reminded me of a a7x i wont see you tonight pt.1 aim me at fetusconnected@aim sometime if you wanna discuss music, im interested in your style.
Quote by SacrificeMe
damn i wish i knew how to work guitar pro. gj man im thoroughly impressed. do you have a guitarist? ill play for you? seriously epic metal with classical elements is my passion. anyways thats good. for a little bit it reminded me of a a7x i wont see you tonight pt.1 aim me at fetusconnected@aim sometime if you wanna discuss music, im interested in your style.

Oh man, I'd love to get together and jam and talk music or something with you. I don't have an aim though, and I don't plan on getting one soon. I'm also 15, and I have school, and I'm sure I live pretty far away from you. But if I was older and had a car and **** we'd defenitely get together sometime.
I'm a person.
Quote by Baa I'm a Sheep
No lol really it is very nice,the only part I dont particularly like is the ending,it doesnt really fit in with the rest of the song.Other than that very nice work indeed.

Oh yeah I don't really like the ending either, especially with the pinch harmonics. I originally wrote this whole thing on an acoustic, and in place of the pinch harmonics, I had these big, natural harmonics that I'd just strum through on all six strings, and it sounded great. But now it kind of just went to ****. I might just change that part.

Edit: Sorry for the double post...
I'm a person.
I absolutly loved everything up to 77, after that was still good but it started to lose the feeling. I wasn't too fond of the outro either. But this has major potential man
I thoughly enjoyed it, great work.

The two things I dont like have already been pointed out.
The lack of bass is understandable, and not extremely important at this time.
and I can understand the ending part, and that can be fixed if you ever record it
Quote by -Sidewinder-
I absolutly loved everything up to 77, after that was still good but it started to lose the feeling. I wasn't too fond of the outro either. But this has major potential man

Any Idea how I could make it keep the feeling?
I'm a person.
Hey nice song man, as a drummer,, the only thing I didn't like was the first drum beat, I found that it sounded way too busy and took away from the rest of the music. Other than that, it was really epic.
I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do, so I'll leave it up to you....

Are you Superbad???
Got all the makings of an epic and it all flows very nicely. Despite not being my preferred genre it was good to listen to as a one off and all the layers did come together very well. My only criticism would be the colours of your tracks (all red and one blue!) use more imagination!

Check out my song - still on first page
Last edited by Stephen00000 at Nov 20, 2007,
Quote by PinkIsCool
Any Idea how I could make it keep the feeling?

Well I don't know what your intentions with this song but if I was making it I would probably:

- Keep it a relatively slow song (like 1-77) but eventually later in the song there would a BURST into heavy **** with some orchestra stuff along with it...but it'd have a nice transition hah, it's hard to explain. The way you have it now has a good transition, but it's not heavy enough (imo).

- I might use 45-53 as a transition into something heavy as well later. You did it very well going into acoustic again. But maybe later in the song you could come back to this or somethin, i dunno. Repeating things isn't always a bad thing.

- The rhythm guitars don't really do it for me. I'm not much with weird chords, I just stick with power chords hah. I like it when they have a "full sound" that compliments the lead guitars.

These are just things I would do it if was my song, but it's up to you and I don't wanna tell you how to do things

ps...i'm not sure if this is meant to be a vocal song or intrumental so somethings I said might not apply
Last edited by -Sidewinder- at Nov 18, 2007,
^Thanks man, I'll keep your suggestions in mind when I write another song.

And... it's done.... check my first post.
I'm a person.
I LOVED IT! Do you have a band, because I love that style of music, just can't right it though. I'd love to hear you play it if you do have a band.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716619

c4c?
That intro is epic.

The part where the drums come in is awesome as well.

And the bit where everything stops but the 12-string.

The part starting at 89 is excellent.

128 is amazing, again.

Aww man.
Bar 150, the lead guitar's melody was pretty out of tune.

It ended awesomely as well, I loved the lead guitar at the end.

Man, i sure wasn't expecting that, I couldn't really find anything wrong with it, which is rare

Awesome.
oh sweet! another epic ass song! im loving this intro, beautiful harmonies with the acoustic guitars and strings!
ah i like that drum beet too, the first one
haha! 53 is excellent! that's just way too intense, reminds me so much of like, an instrumental dream theater song or something, like something from liquid tension experiment
77 is a neet progression, cool riff too
89 oh man i love the acoustic guitar bits in this song! they fit perfectly!
nice harmonies, 113
whoah, 142 and on is right epic, i love the tapping! and the harmonies, whoah ****!
total dream theater at 160! that's cool
i really like 184 - 187, cool dissonant theme
excellent use of the major second power chords, creates a very distant sound
ah! again with a short ending, but i suppose it's more fitting in this one
i liked that very much! I probably prefer the other one just because it's a bit more epic, but this is still quite incredible, like i said, you should record these, you could be famous.
wow this is great, every thing fits together very nicely this isnt really my kind of music but im LOVING this and like the poster above me said 142+ blows you F*CKING MIND haha great work man i cant see really anythnig wrong with this overall its a very unquie peice with a great feel

mind critting mine (its entitled new prog should be on the 1st page somewhere)
Member #12 of the Can't we forget about punk, emo, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK? group. pm rockon1824 to join

Quote by Taoistic_Beer

HEY GUYS, DANI CALIFORNIA ON MAX VOLUME, 100 % CLEAN. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Haha thanks for the kind words guys. I'll probrably record these once I get my gear for christmas. I'll just have a lot of trouble writing vocals for them.... and playing the keyboard parts lol.
I'm a person.
That was basically very good. The only problem I see is the ending. The key change came out of nowhere and the accidentals along with some of the chords just don't sound good. A bit too random, the ending solo was just lazily written with no proper consideration for whether or not the notes you'd just put in actually worked or not.

Aside from that section, the rest of it was good.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
that was great man, but i wasn't really feeling the bass. Pretty much eveything i can think of has already been said. I was a bit disappointed that it didnt really build up to anything spectacular. great job though.

Quote by lceman13
You have nice hair!

Awesome man, very well done. The only thing I can say is I guess it seemed after awhile it lacked direction....and to me the first half was much better than the second. All in all though this was great stuff, very cool man!
Quote by rizo299
"To: North Korea

Hey Kim DONG Il. Got nukes yet? DIDN'T THINK SO.

Here's some help with getting one built.

GOATSE.CX

Your pal Obama"

Thanks for the crit . I already critted the other song so I'll crit this one now.

The intro was amazing, everything about it was perfect. Your acoustic work through out the song is wonderful. I love the tapping at 146, solo seemed a bit short though. The tapping at 188 is crazy. And I liked how you ended it. 10/10, I loved it.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

Hot damn you write good music. I love your use of the acoustic guitars and the strings in this song. From what I've heard of your music, you always put them to good use, but in this song they're especially beautiful and well-done. There is really nothing missing here, it's perfect. 10/10. If you ever record your songs and put them on a cd, name the price and I'll gladly dish out the money for it. You could really go somewhere, and fast, with the music you write.

If you want to crit mine, it's in my sig.
the intro was pretty cool, flowed nicely and set the mood.

I LOVED THE PIANO.

the riff at the start of 77 worked well.

at 89 i think you should ahve keep it distorted for longer because the osng had allready been acoustic and such for ages. but going back and forth between acoustic and distortion worked good.

the tapping at 146 sounded awesome. and the solo type riff that followed was perfect.

tbh, didnt really like the riff at 160.

solo was great. particually liked the tapping again.

the riff at 200 with the drums sounded great.

great song, near perfect really.
Doing this as listening.

Everything up to 54 is good. To me, everything faded out really quickly and you didn't get the full sound, but I understand what you were doing by getting out of the accoustics way.

53-76 is really great. I loved that. And the transition into 77 worked nicely too.

77-88 is amazing. The lead harmony sounded so great.

89-109 was great. I liked the distortion versus accoustic.

109-118 was a nice little break, sounded good, and it lasted just the right amount of time. Not too long, but long enough to get the feeling through.

119-126 was good again.

127-145 sounded like you were building up to something truely epic and astounding. I'm sorry to say that the tapping part let me down. It didn't work with me.

150-160 was good though. I think you shouldn't fade out that last note, letting ring over top of the new riff.

The first four measures of 160-173 sounded like you were about to settle into that, sort of like the end of "Dark Eternal Night" by Dream Theater, but then 164-166 sounded like you were about to go into something else. I'd personally save those measures to the end of that riff to change into the next part.

171&172 sounded weak to me.

You have a good idea at 174... But, it didn't work out right. The transition or something killed it, but I think that she song should've ended at 173. The rest of the song just... Meh. It didn't fit, at all.

However, even though the end didn't fit, it was still well written. I just think you should drop it. =P
yeah, this song is pretty cool. im a big fan of arpeggios and pedal tones, so u won me over in this song.

i wasn't a big fan of the tapping sections in the song... the last section of each tapping section could have been extended because to me it just didn't quite go long enough for me to enjoy the notes u selected, and by the time it got to the last few notes which i began to enjoy it just stopped. but thats just the way my brain processes it, ur brain probably goes for the original 1 u put.
Nice dude. I like how you are not afraid to use multiple + multiple instruments.

I feel like this could use a second go-over just to make sure everything is together. I feel like there were times where I could feel the lead clash with the chords. (Not in a cool-creatively way :\...)

Another thing: The keyboard, you should work around with the chords and such so you utilize more than just the root + fifth in your keyboard arrangements. The third, even, can be used on top just to create a different feeling and all. Definitely look into that, as I noticed most of your keyboard arrangements were just power chords.

Definitely a cool song. As I said earlier, I think you should go back and double check everything and add/subtract whatever.

Good stuff, I'd give it an 8/10.

Plz crit one of mine in sig? I know you've critted a bunch of mine, you might already have 'em all done...

(I should go upload my newest...)
Can I just ask something? ...Do you write the music on guitar first, or do you write it on Guitar Pro?

Eg. The tapping thing, did you make that on guitar first? Or just by messing around on guitar pro? And the synth stuff from like 60 onwards?

Pretty sweet though. The acoustic stuff was really cool.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
All of it was written on guitar first. There's maybe a few things I wrote in on guitar pro thogh.
I'm a person.
up to 160 .. great work.
then you start with that 3/4 stuff and it was kind annoying for me
the solo start at 174 was perfekt, but the fascination got lost 176. ;D
sounded like 'uhh..i started a solo... somehow it must go on'
great beginning, great song, weak ending.
and i'm missing a bassline. <:
respect .. my songs arent as good as your end of the song. (;
Quote by talentfree
up to 160 .. great work.
then you start with that 3/4 stuff and it was kind annoying for me
the solo start at 174 was perfect, but the fascination got lost 176. ;D
sounded like 'uhh..i started a solo... somehow it must go on'
great beginning, great song, weak ending.
and i'm missing a bassline. <:
respect .. my songs arent as good as your end of the song. (;

Thanks for the crit. I actually scrapped the WHOLE main section of the song. I'm currently re-writing all of it. It's turning out really great too, it has a very nice groove to it, and it's a lot morew guitar oriented. I even have some sick basslines in it. So that should be up within the next week.

In the meantime, I'd apprecciate it if you could crit my newest piece, in the bottom of my sig, to evaluate if I've gotten any better since writing this piece. I'll crit anything of yours.
I'm a person.
Last edited by PinkIsCool at Mar 25, 2008,
THat was epic. 9/10. The only thing i could recommend is during the guitar solos you can barely hear the solo cuz of everything else.
I'm Not a fan of this whole "EPIC" B.S.

BUT
this was actually rather good.

8/10 - Drums Need work.
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
Quote by reaper_x
I'm Not a fan of this whole "EPIC" B.S.

BUT
this was actually rather good.

8/10 - Drums Need work.

I never said it was epic, everyone else did.
I'm a person.
This is a really good piece you wrote here dude. You have a lot of creativity. And you seem to be very open to using it. I loved every bit of that song. To me it was incredible and if you were to record it, it'd be more than incredible.

But there's only one problem, it lacks shape. Maybe that's why it's "epic". Because Epic songs go changing during the whole song, and there's nothing that comes back from earlier in the song and that makes a song sound epic in way. I'm not saying it's bad because it doesn't have shape, the song is incredible, what I'm saying is that after hearing it once, after a few minutes, you can't remember a part of that song because the whole song is on the same level of energy, raising it's energy a little, and sometimes lowering it. I didn't see no section of the song that raised the energy to the highest level.

Adding vocals will definitely raise some energy on the piece, and could raise the energy really high if you add an excellent vocal melody on top of a section that has power for vocals, and will somehow add to some shape because you can create vocal melodies in where the hearer will remember, even if it was in one section of the song.

Excellent work
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Good song, but meh, too epic for my taste. Are there lyrics for this song, because I can´t find a place to sing over this song. Nice Solos, but maybe too dragonforcy. You need some work on the drums and to put it "into shape", as the one above me said. 8.5/10
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Page 1 of 2