If someone egged your house or spray painted it or even threw firecrackers at it and they were running away, and you chase them with a baseball bat, would it be battery if i catch one and beat the **** out of him? i mean, i could probably get them to pay for pain/suffering and damages to the house, but would they be able to sue me for broken bones and/or bruises or something like that?

i live in america by the way.
Quote by Kurt123
If someone egged your house or spray painted it or even threw firecrackers at it and they were running away, and you chase them with a baseball bat, would it be battery if i catch one and beat the **** out of him? i mean, i could probably get them to pay for pain/suffering and damages to the house, but would they be able to sue me for broken bones and/or bruises or something like that?

forget about sueing you would be up on an assault charge. good luck sueing someone from prison.
Quote by Kurt123

Go to jail. Go directly to jail. You know the rest...
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Aww man I thought the thread title said: Buttery assault.

I really need to go to bed.

(That would've been an awesome thread tho.)
Yeah you'd go to jail. I think there should be a system of if they do something this much annoying to you, you get to inflict about so much pain on them without being charged with anything because it's even-steven.
You might actually not get charged, I don't know exactly how the law works. My teacher told our class that in Texas you can shoot someone for trespassing without facing criminal charges, I don't know about other states or if that's even 100% true.
Quote by rage6945
girls dont get braces in their vaginas buddy
Quote by rhcpwhitey
You might actually not get charged, I don't know exactly how the law works. My teacher told our class that in Texas you can shoot someone for trespassing without facing criminal charges, I don't know about other states or if that's even 100% true.

i dont know everything about the laws in texas but im fairly certain you can shoot someone for tresspassing but they MUST BE facing you.meaning you CANNOT shoot them in the back.but only in texas

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by Kurt123

Umm... doesn't beating the **** out of someone with a baseball bat seem a teeny bit disproportionate to egging a house? I'd say the charge of assault would be a bit more serious to whatever you'd sue them for.
Quote by gflip69
Someone called me on my landline (home phone) and asked me where I was.
It depends on what state you live in. I know where I live if someone is on your property I think you can shoot/get rid of them in someway as long as they are there without your permission. Hitting them off of your property though would be battery. The better idea might be to try to catch them and not hurt them so you can sue them for vandalism if you can..
I've said this before and I will say this again. If you kill/beat up a man that's f/cking with your property, and yet runs off and makes it off your property, drag the bastard back to your porch. Perfectly legal.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
well i just hit him in the shin with my baseball bat really hard so he would fall and i can identified him, and he was an asshole from my school so it wouldnt be too severe?
Quote by Kurt123
well i just hit him in the shin with my baseball bat really hard so he would fall and i can identified him, and he was an asshole from my school so it wouldnt be too severe?

Honestly, i wouldn't worry about it. Shouldn't be too bad. And if he goes through the school to get to you, you might get expelled in a worse case sceanario.

Kid got what was coming to him if you ask me.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Yeah, it would be aggravated assault since you were using a weapon. Seriously, just beat the shit out of them yourself. Chances are, there wouldn't be any charges filed against you since it's just a fight.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
I was leaning against a van once and I got beaten with brass knuckles and I got fined 500 bucks for attempted robbery, so go for it, the law is ****ed up.
u can defend urself in the trial and plead causation or self defence because he caused u to catch him but just dont beat teh **** out of him, that'll be assault and u'll get charged.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
haha that reminds me. a week ago my friends and i were walking around at about 11 at night when this huge guy pulls up in his car, gets out, and starts pushing, cursing, and threatening us with a bat.

apparently, some other kids trashed his house. we had saw them run past a minute earlier, so we told him and he left. it was scary