Anyone watch this show? I saw a few minutes of it while I was preacticing on my new classical guitar. They had some guys on there called "The Light of Doom" (AKA, a bunch of 14 year olds). They were ok I suppose, the guitarist did a brief tapping solo and everyone was like OMG he ROXXORZ. Is there an real talent on there?
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
I was actually excited for this show when I first heard of it. Saw the first episode, probably never watching it again. The bands on there were *horrid*. I had a headache by the end of the show, it was so bad.

If they got decent bands, it'd be a cool show.
Made it a point never to watch, I can't imagine any talent comming from there. A creed sounding band will eventually win, go on a major tour, no one's gonna go, and this is gonna repeat every year. I hate this show since it undermines all the real talent thriving in the underground, while most kids and adults will think that what's on this show is the only talent out there. Like American Idol.
Quote by RentACar
Made it a point never to watch, I can't imagine any talent comming from there. A creed sounding band will eventually win, go on a major tour, no one's gonna go, and this is gonna repeat every year. I hate this show since it undermines all the real talent thriving in the underground, while most kids and adults will think that what's on this show is the only talent out there. Like American Idol.

IMO, American Idol has had some seriously talented singers. Despite what people say, they do skip over a lot of singers who have talent, but many of the singers are still quite talented on American Idol. I didn't find one band who sounded good to me, not one.
Quote by RentACar

You are right sir.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Yeah I watch it. Light of Doom is hilarious. I kinda like this one band called like the Clark Brothers or something cuz they have like an amazing slide guitarist.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by Jbar
IMO, American Idol has had some seriously talented singers. Despite what people say, they do skip over a lot of singers who have talent, but many of the singers are still quite talented on American Idol. I didn't find one band who sounded good to me, not one.

I think I didn't explain it right. American Idol does have some talent, but most kids now think that this is the only way to get famous, and in a way, it makes it harder for amatuers to make it IMO
Quote by H0USES0FTHEH0LY
You know what else is terrible? Your grammar. "Is there an real talent on there?"

Hey you, shut the **** up. I forgot a "Y." Everyone got the message, your just being an ass-hat. I've been up for the past 30 hours for a training exercise and I don't need your bitching about me missing a letter.

/rant

Anyway, I love slide guitar, guess I might watch the show once or twice more.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
Last edited by jackson001 at Nov 16, 2007,
Denver and the Mile High Orchestra is an insanely talented band. They played at my church all the time, and althought their a big band, they have some insanely skilled players. Their bass player is one of the best I have ever seen play. And yes, while that one emo band will probobly win, the band with the shredding mandolin player and the wicked slide guitar player are sick. I could deffinitly see myself buying a cd of theirs.
I'll wager those who dissed Light of Doom are other teens that are jealous 12 and 11 year olds play better than them. I can accept their guitarist is pretty damn talented, and the whole band is as well.. their name sucks, but that can be changed!

Clarke Brothers are the most talented group, but I hope Tres Bien wins the competition because they have the best stage presence and probably will have the most widespread appeal. Sort of Beatles meets Arctic Monkeys.
Quote by H0USES0FTHEH0LY
You know what else is terrible? Your grammar. "Is there an real talent on there?"

I don't watch reality tv bull**** sorry.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
I agree they should do way more originals, but next week their doing stones covers so that'll be cool. Tres Bien is my favourite but Franklin bridge was good to but they got voted off. Their are some really crappy bands on that show and most of them are country
I watched the first episode when they introduced all the bands.

The Muggs are amazing. They were kicked off when they were choosing the top 8 because the singer/guitarist is not a good singer (by standards of a singer). However, he is a very, very good singer for the music they play (blues rock). If you're into blues rock of classic rock I highly recommend checking them out.

Also, I like that band with the slide guitarist too. The Clark Brothers I believe?
I like the mod band. Tres something.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by Jbar

like william hung?
Tres Bien is pretty good. They are kind of like The Beatles mixed with the Who.
“My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”- Jimmy Page