hey all,

I been looking at epiphone's zakk wylde lp custom and like wat i see. I am particularly interested in the bullseye model. I have however seen different pictures of the guitar that make the coloured rings on the body look yellowy or bascially a straight white. Also i played one the other day and the neck wasnt painted, and if it was didnt look glossy.

do you think the colour of the rings appear different because of the light photo was taken in? ARe theyre differnent necks on some bullseye models?

Also any information and experiences on this guitar would be great thanks

Links to pictures:

Check out all images on this site:

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/iteminfo/adnumber_WB2543132632_cat_Guitars+%26+Equipment_off_1_sect_Sport%2c+Leisure+%26+Recreation_sort_otRZSQ1BJDZfdRZSQSearchDisplayPriorityIndAVSCotRZSQ1BJDZfdRZSQFirstPublished_sqt_2_srch_epiphone+zakk_state_9_stpg_1_subs_Musical+Instruments_

compared to pics here (look at all images):

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Zakk-Wylde-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar-BullsEye?sku=518358
i would not buy an epiphone Zakk wylde guitar... there are many much better guitars you can get for the price.... Umm.. if it is the design you long for then i really cant turn you off from that, id just say start saving up for the gibson model. But I wouldn't buy an epiphone les paul artist model. Good luck deciding.
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
i think its just the light
and i havent seen any with different necks and i played a couple different ones
(camo bullseye=best)
Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...
Quote by Andras5soul
i would not buy an epiphone Zakk wylde guitar... there are many much better guitars you can get for the price.... Umm.. if it is the design you long for then i really cant turn you off from that, id just say start saving up for the gibson model. But I wouldn't buy an epiphone les paul artist model. Good luck deciding.

could you give me some suggestions design isnt that important and any guitar suggestions appreciated?

EDIT: ANd by the way if your gonna say dont get this, at least back it up with something of substance like your experiences with it
It's just the picture, they almost never make a guitar look like the color it is. Also the neck isn't painted because that's the way Wylde likes it.

Two more things
1. This belongs in the Electric Guitar forum.
2. You can get way better guitars for the price than a ZW LP, the pickups are EMG-HZs, which are not real (active) EMGs, and they suck pretty bad. You can get many good Ibanez (even more if you go used) RGs and Sabers, as well as Schecters, Jacksons, and others for the price of this guitar, and they will be of much higher quality.
Ibanez has some really good ones for that price
Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...
Quote by which ones pink
I
1. This belongs in the Electric Guitar forum.

plz move this thread then
ok i have some more guitars i like plz comment on these 2 and ur experience with them

1. jackson rr3 roads
2. jackson dk2 dinky maple h/h
3. jackson dk2 dinky with h/s/s
4. ibanez rg370dx
plus a few ltds and schecters

suggestions?
^All of those are nice, except for the Ibanez, the trem on that particular model is crap. If you want an Ibanez in that price range, get one of these instead:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGR1570-Electric-Guitar?sku=514538
here in australia guitar price are f'd in the a and the ibanez is a few hundred more than the others
why is everyone on this site obsessed with ibanez
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
The rings are sometimes yellow because the guitar's paint / finish or whatever you call it, turns to go yellow after being left in the light / sun. It happens to all the bullseye white ones
Quote by Lrn2shrd69
could you give me some suggestions design isnt that important and any guitar suggestions appreciated?

EDIT: ANd by the way if your gonna say dont get this, at least back it up with something of substance like your experiences with it

ESP LTD EX-400 is an awesome guitar. It has EMG 81/60 set up, good neck, mahogany body, kick-ass shape, and its just an amazing metal guitar. I would also reccomend a Jackson Dinky (higher end one). I love the feel of jackson fretboards, their kick ass dude.
Quote by ravenrage07
ESP LTD EX-400 is an awesome guitar. It has EMG 81/60 set up, good neck, mahogany body, kick-ass shape, and its just an amazing metal guitar. I would also reccomend a Jackson Dinky (higher end one). I love the feel of jackson fretboards, their kick ass dude.

+1
as a previous owner of the ZW LP i can say that its a bad idea to get it, its not that good and you'll soon get sick of the looks and lack of originality. i now have an Ex400(white), and its tons better, plus active pickups. wish i got a gibson explorer though, just a personal preference.
Gear: ESP MH250 NT
ESP EX400 ow
Ashton Dualler

Marshall MG50DFX

Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
EHX metal muff
Quote by Lrn2shrd69
ok i have some more guitars i like plz comment on these 2 and ur experience with them

1. jackson rr3 roads
2. jackson dk2 dinky maple h/h
3. jackson dk2 dinky with h/s/s
4. ibanez rg370dx
plus a few ltds and schecters

suggestions?

+1, along with the LTD idea, i would say get something in the 400 series and up. Maybe an EC-400 or an EX-400. I always liked LTD guitars, Jacksons are awesome too. I personally like jackson more, but the fretboards are a lil wide for some players. Ibanez is ok if you are a shred freak, not much for that punchy metal tone though. It may have it but i am not an Ibanez fanatic. I personally like ESP, Jackson, and some dean guitars. check those out. Maybe the Dean ML guitars.