anyone have any experiences with macbooks or their operating system. I need a good laptop for college.
It's a fake wheel, dummy!
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't download music or you'll go to prison and get anally raped.
Quote by jameswilkerson
anyone have any experiences with macbooks or their operating system. I need a good laptop for college.

what subjects?
I hate Macs... They're just confusing IMO. I dunno. Some people find them easy
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
i have one and love it

but i ****ed it up recently and probably need to take it in to get fixed
I believe in Rock and Roll. Can I get an Amen?

Quote by rizo299
A drunk guy on the the bus asked me if i remembered the 60's. I told him i was 17 then he told me that everyone remembers the 60's.

I thought about it, and frankly, I couldn't fault his logic.
well, i prefer macs over PC's anyways

everything fits together seemlessly, but there arent as many programs for them that dont hurt your wallet. but all-in-all, they are great, as i am typing on one right now
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
I find mac very easy, I love it. But it all really depends on what you're using it for
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
delete
Guitar:
Floyd Rose discovery series 3 (with speed loader bridge)
Gibson Les paul studio
Pedals:
Zoom G2.1U pedal
Amps:
vox valvetronix 50 watt
Dean "stack in a box" headphone amp
Last edited by unforgiven_hope at Sep 7, 2017,
Quote by g.a.r.r.y
what subjects?

I'm working on a business degree, so a good variety of subjects. I have to do a lot of presentations, and i noticed that the macs excelled in that area.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Quote by jameswilkerson
I'm working on a business degree, so a good variety of subjects. I have to do a lot of presentations, and i noticed that the macs excelled in that area.

well i think you should get the macbook. for presentations, keynote is great (i find it much better than powerpoint) and, should you need it, you can always install microsoft office or the whole windows operating system and run it on a different partion
Let me know when your done with your "My First Computer" and we'll hook you up with a real computer, lol.
with:
Media (photos, music, movies): Macs > PCs
Games: PCs > Macs

thats about all people care about
id say get a mac
you can run windows programs on it better than windows (Word, Excel, PP)
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by g.a.r.r.y
well i think you should get the macbook. for presentations, keynote is great (i find it much better than powerpoint) and, should you need it, you can always install microsoft office or the whole windows operating system and run it on a different partion

does keynote let you view Power Point files and vice versa?
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Quote by jameswilkerson
does keynote let you view Power Point files and vice versa?

i dont think so, but there is microsoft office for mac so you can just install powerpoint and use that as well
Quote by This entire thread

Sigh...

Edit: For what you want, it'll be great, as Keynote provides the 'wow' factor that comes with it.

Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Definitely recommend the macbook. I use mine for uni, music recording and mixing, and some photo work, and it absolutely kicks my old windows laptop in all respects, except games. Prolly the best aspect is airport and how quick and easy it is to join new wireless networks, which I imagine you'll be doing a lot of during uni, and yeah keynote is great for presentations. The only problem I had was my first battery gave up the ghost, and as it was still under warranty, I just went into the mac store, showed them my serial number, and they replaced it on the spot. Good service.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

Quote by the dave
yeah man I put my hand up their skirt and pick em up like a six pack

Quote by Death_switch
mr bill0ws is right
Posting from a Macbook.

And loving every second of it.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
I'd wait a few months, Intel is supposed to be releasing some hot new mobile processors soon (if they haven't already)
Quote by g.a.r.r.y
if you can afford it
they aren't cheap :P

What more does the Pro provide as opposed to just the normal macbook?
The more you lick them
The more you like them

Not for the first time in my life, I curse my bad luck.
Quote by Rundle
What more does the Pro provide as opposed to just the normal macbook?

the pro has a few extra things

1. the main thing is the graphics card being non-integrated. this is very helpful if your playing games or doing any photo or video editing

2. 2gb of ram as standard as opposed to 1gb from the macbook. this is good for running a lot of applications at once

3. LED screen - brighter, more energy efficient, ect.

4. larger hard drives

the pro also has a backlit keyboard, it doesnt sound that great but its not only extremely cool but useful when your in a dark room

edit: the macbook pro also comes in 15/17 inch screen as opposed to the 13 inch in the macbook. this can be good if you want more screen real estate or bad if you want portability. the extra 2 inches doesn't sound like much but makes a big difference when carrying it around all day
Last edited by g.a.r.r.y at Nov 17, 2007,
Quote by LordSephiroth
I'd wait a few months, Intel is supposed to be releasing some hot new mobile processors soon (if they haven't already)

the macbooks have just been updated (better integrated graphics) and santa rosa so they wont be updated again soon
the new chip is supposedly penryn in the macbook pro which is due to be released in january