after alot of flamage in my other thread about my spider valve. which i still think is good, i can admit its lacking in a sense that 80% of the 400 presets are almost similar and the distortion has a bassy\monotone feel. since i have 30 days to return it, i want to look at some other amps but i NEED recommendations. as ive said, im a noob with amps.

with a thousand dollars canadian. what gig worthy good dark sounding amps should i be looking at in this next month.

also, can someone tell me how much a peavey 5150 head and matching cab costs. some say less then a grand, and some say more.
Quote by JP31
after alot of flamage in my other thread about my spider valve. which i still think is good, i can admit its lacking in a sense that 80% of the 400 presets are almost similar and the distortion has a bassy\monotone feel. since i have 30 days to return it, i want to look at some other amps but i NEED recommendations. as ive said, im a noob with amps.

with a thousand dollars canadian. what gig worthy good dark sounding amps should i be looking at in this next month.

also, can someone tell me how much a peavey 5150 head and matching cab costs. some say less then a grand, and some say more.

no need for a head and cab for your 5150. Just get a used combo, cheaper and worth every ****ing penny.

what kind of music do you play?
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
no need for a head and cab for your 5150. Just get a used combo, cheaper and worth every ****ing penny.

what kind of music do you play?

heavey metal\death metal but cleans are pretty important aswell
Quote by JP31
heavey metal\death metal but cleans are pretty important aswell

well, the 5150 isn't that impressive for cleans. I mean, I like them, but people that love their cleans generally dislike the 5150's cleans. The 5150 though will give you the killer distortion you are after.

look into the Peavey Windsor.
Windsor doesn't have cleans either .

Mesa F series maybe?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Windsor doesn't have cleans either .

Mesa F series maybe?

meh, they aren't fender cleans, but I found them bare-able.