[w/ ease actually][& as easily would be nice][but i didnt get my guitar till the beginning of january][a master shredder] says i'm still to early into playing guitar to come up with that kind of stuff. I'm 14 by the way in case anybody asks haha.
can you guys suggest anything to me? or give me a confidence boost?
Take the scales you know and move them into a different position? Do you know any scales? Best advice I can give a new guitarist who doesnt know many scales, is to watch your favorite band/guitarist and then try to replicate what he plays. It will probably sound far off if your new. Then take what you got and mess with it. Easy way to make new riffs from your favorite bands without copying them exactly. Read it in Guitar world.
Quote by ScreaminSavior
[w/ ease actually][& as easily would be nice][but i didnt get my guitar till the beginning of january][a master shredder] says i'm still to early into playing guitar to come up with that kind of stuff. I'm 14 by the way in case anybody asks haha.
can you guys suggest anything to me? or give me a confidence boost?

I used to be the same way when i started learning, first of all you cant get the same speed and precision picking if you dont learn alternate picking techniques!
Download John petrucci's instructional video its a world of help.

Also jsut keep on practicing and dont rush yourself, try not to learn such hard songs or go out of your playing ability, make sure it is clean and percise!

Hope you go on your way to becoming a shred master!
It seems like maybe you aren't using your other fingers on the other strings. You have to do that.... Try learning as many different chords as you can.. there are MANY different free chord trainer programs on the 'net.
Have you thought about getting a book on soloing? There are lots of them. They not only give you examples, but also show you how to play solos in general.
Michael Ferris
ferrisguitar.com
thanx you guys, i really appreciate it =]
i know the minor scale, major, & another 1 i forgot the name to haha.
& thanx Jimi-is-god for
"Hope you go on your way to becoming a shred master!".
I read something on here about messing with the scales,but it didn't work for me. Maybe i'll ry it a little harder. i think i'm just rushing things haha.
You say that your brother is a master shredder so why don`t ask him to show you some things
Make sure that when you're learning to play up high, don't skip on the technique. As a new guitarist, you haven't formed the bad habits that most of us have already. How I wish i could go back and learn properly, I would be 30x faster and cleaner today. It may seem boring now, but you're gonna end up doing it either way, and it will be SO much harder later on. x_x A stitch in time saves nine.

A good way to start playing up high though is using pentatonic scales and then varying. Try incorporating large leaps and double-stops. Also use your unison bends to add flavor to the riff.