my guitar is H/H and was thinking a duncan invader or a dimebucker in the bridge and im not sure about the neck, but i do know that:

in the bridge, i want a real nice thick distortion and in the neck i want something that has nice, cool, mellow cleans and together sound ok.

im open to all suggestions
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Try the SH-4 JB and SH-1 '59 pair. Iv only heard good things about them.

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
The JB is a bright, shred-oriented pickup. What genres are you going to be looking to play? What's your spend limit?
Hi, I'm Peter
Both the Dimebucker and the Invader are pretty bad,,,,, for thick distortion I'd look into maybe a Dimarzio Tone Zone or a Super Distortion, for a clean neck pup maybe an Air Classic or a Virtual PAF.
alnico Pro II neck and a Seth Lover in the bridge???
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Dirk Gently
The JB is a bright, shred-oriented pickup. What genres are you going to be looking to play? What's your spend limit?

soft rock to death metal and price isnt much of an issue now, im trying to get an estimate of how much ill need to save
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by rokket2005
Both the Dimebucker and the Invader are pretty bad,,,,, for thick distortion I'd look into maybe a Dimarzio Tone Zone or a Super Distortion, for a clean neck pup maybe an Air Classic or a Virtual PAF.

really?

i tried the invader and liked it and heard only good things about both
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
If you want *the* best (or pretty much anyways) look into some bareknuckle pickups.

Probably the Nailbomb or the Warpig would be best for what you're asking (just have a snoop around thier forum for some sound clips).

Or if you want a slightly cheaper option, can't really go wrong with say a DiMarzio D-Sonic and a Air Norton or a PAF pro
emg 81/85, i have em in mine, love the sound, and great clean on the 85, i was suprised alot by it, perfect fer metal too, and if i turn the tone off and use the neck pickup i can get a sound exactly like sunshine of ur love by cream, i certainly am glad i got em
digitech death metal for sale, $35, marshal mg100hdfx=$250 obo
Quote by Bowe
If you want *the* best (or pretty much anyways) look into some bareknuckle pickups.

Bareknuckles, Rock Monkey, Stephens Design - any of these are better by far than over-the-counter passives. As an aside, Rock Monkey's owned by a UGer, CorduroyEW, and his prices are really reasonable.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Phillitalian
really?

i tried the invader and liked it and heard only good things about both

Heard it from who? The Invader is pretty muddy, IMO.

In any case, your distortion should be coming from your AMP, anyway, not your pickup.
For example, metal band Lamb of God use vintage output Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59's, and they get br00tal from their Mesa Mark IV amps.

So, what's your amp?
What are the pickups Dimebag used in his Washburn's? I can't remember what they were called but those were where Dimebag got his tone before he signed a deal with SD.

I'd say try for that if you can, they're almost half as much as the Dimebucker.... oh I remeber ! Bill lawrence pickups

www.billlawrence.com

I almost got one awhile ago but I never did... they're only like $50. Check them out.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS