it is. if you play metal, it won't do metal on its own. it's said to be a high gain amp, but in reality, it's pretty classic rock + 80s glam kinda amp IMO.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I'd say this is a good amp if you actually need a bunch of different sounds at 100W volume for some reason. If you are in a Country and a metal band, this will work Fine. If it's one or the the other, there are some that are better IMO within the same price range. But, It's all about opinion. Try the amp yourself.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
its a 100watt tube amp head?

have fun playing in the stadiums.

edit: what im saying is: wouldnt that be riDICULOUSLY loud?
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Last edited by no1flyhalf at Nov 17, 2007,
everybody can shut up about the half stack thing
you really do need a 50-100 watt head if youre playing hard rock/metal in any decent sized place without miking your cab
but the sound is comprable to a triple rec in a live situation
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
Quote by powerage225
everybody can shut up about the half stack thing
you really do need a 50-100 watt head if youre playing hard rock/metal in any decent sized place without miking your cab

Sorry, no. I've played a 800+ people outside gig before and my 5150 Combo did it just fine unmiced. You don't need a halfstack and if you do, you're ignorant. A decent wattage combo will do.

The B-52 is a great amp, I really like it for the price. If you can't go used, it's unbeatable at that price (imo).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by powerage225
^you can shut up about the half stack thing

fixed. i don't give a **** about having a half stack. but i wouldn't say you need it in a gig though. and did u think hard rock/metal gigs get louder than any other gigs??? think twice. Stevie Ray vaughan used his vibroverbs and super reverb (i think) at his gigs with the volume cranked. and i can bet you that is waay louder than the 50-100 watt head you're talking about.

and plus, "without miking your cab". hmmm. if you play a 50-100 watt head through ur cabs... what happens to ur drummer??? get miced. ah. then if he gets miced, you can get miced too. so guess what? you just need an amp that gets over your drummer.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
It's a nice amp. But, do you need a 100w tube head?

Do you play gigs? Do you enjoy being able to hear?

If you don't need it for gigs, is there a combo version that is less powerful?

If there isn't a less powerful combo version and you don't need it for gigs then get the head anyway. You shouldn't not buy an amp you want just because it's too powerful...

But if there is a less powerful combo look into that first, it might be better for you.

Thats just my thoughts/advice. Up to you whether you want to listen to me or not.

PS: If you're set on the head and there's no way you're going to change your mind, get it. It's a good amp.