ok ive been reading up on this because i want one to record my stuff. what i dont get is, how does it connect to the amp? or does it even connect to the amp? if it doesnt, where does the sound come out of?
You hook a mic to it or plug in your instruments line out/preamp out/Fx send possibly even.
The thing is made to plug your guitar directly into it without an amp really.

If you want another way to get some good recordings you can try the Mackie firewire interface which has better preamps than the Toneports and Micro BR. Also its less money:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mackie-Onyx-Satellite-Recording-Interface?sku=248154
(you will need a firewire port and a desktop but this unit is well worth it IMO)

You can't use any XLR mics with the micro BR....the weight of the adapters to get from XLR to phone would snap the BR in half...

Lastly you have to play correctly the time you record because it's next to imposable to edit your tracks on this product.

Overall its too high in price for what you really get and lacks proper inputs.

BTW this thready should be in Riffs & Recordings.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 17, 2007,
is there a product out there where i can just record my guitar playing and then edit it on the computer? something like a voice recorder but for a guitar.
check out a line6 tone port or guitar port or whatever its called. its around 100 and is a pretty good tool for recording on a comp.
Quote by moody07747
If you want another way to get some good recordings you can try the Mackie firewire interface which has better preamps than the Toneports and Micro BR.
Good advice. The TS may also want to consider buying a Shure SM57 and miking his cabinet, rather than recording direct. Direct recording certainly has its strengths, but for only $99, you can buy one of the most-used mics by top recording engineers.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Micro Br has a terrrrible pre amp.

I ahve to turn it off, and plug my guitar into my zoom adn then into it, but even then, i haven't recorded anything. I use it mainly to play backing trakcs. It eats up batteries so get a 9v adaptor and a 1 gig sd card
yes to record to your computer you'll need an "interface"

Line6 Toneports are an ok start
but the Mackie Onyx Satellite firewire interface is better and the same - lower in price as the Toneport UX2 so if you are looking for the higher end toneport go with the mackie.
Record to the desktop and if you need a firewire port or two on your computer...go to newegg and get a "Firewire card"

interfaces can be used with a mic two...the Mackie has 48v phantom power for condenser mics but i suggest a good Shure SM57 to mic any amp and for vocals.