Since there's a thread made about that poser hack of a comedian (who will remain unnamed) I decided to make a thread about a REAL stand up comedian. DISCUSS YOU FILTHY BAS*TARDS!

You notice that people who are against abortion are people you wouldn't want to f*ck in the first place?
George Carlin is incredible. He is a legend in stand up comedy not like dane cook and carlos mencia. People like him and Richard Pryor are really masters at what they do and did in Pryor's case.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Does anybody else think that his newer standup just makes him seem bitter and washed up. He has some legendary specials under his belt though. Live at Carnegie Hall and Again are hilarious.
Dane Cook is nothing compared to Carlin or Pryor but you have to admit he is funny. I wouldn't go as far to say hes terrible...if

Carlin = Beatles of Comedy
and
Pryor = Rolling stones of Comedy

then

Cook = insert random band here that is good but not Amazing
George Carlin is by far one of the greatest comedians ever.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
George Carlin is awesome. I like the bit about his crappy car. That always makes me lol when I hear the whole thing.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
The following segment is quite simple really... its simply a list of people who should die. Starting with these cocksuckers who cant talk about a phonecall with out doing this **** with their hand *makes phone gesture* Lemmie tell you something buddie, i been doing this a couple of years... I KNOW WHAT A ****IN PHONE LOOKS LIKE!
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
george carlin is awesome. buy his book, "brain droppings", you wont regret it
Quote by jthm_guitarist
George Carlin is awesome. I like the bit about his crappy car. That always makes me lol when I hear the whole thing.

Amen brotha!
SPACE FOR RENT
Just watched Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. George doesn't swear once in the whole movie
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
I don't like him. I don't mind cynical comedians who insult others opinions, and I love Bill Hicks, but when I watch him, it seems like he's preaching opinions, rather than trying to make me laugh. It seems to me like when he talks about Religion, he cares more about trying to make it look stupid, rather than trying to make me laugh, which is why I personally do not find him funny. Bill Hicks on the other hand...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRkA6zugNMQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qmglGWMsdk&feature=related
"He's all powerful, all knowing, but just can't handle money."
Do you know my name?
Do you know my NUMBER?
He's my #1 favorite comedian.

"I got in a fight with my cereal the other day. I distinctly heard, 'Snap, Crackle, FUCK YOU!'"

His older material, like "Class Clown" and "Occupation: Foole" are just fantastic.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
For some reason my favorite special of his is You Are All Diseased, even though it's definetely not put as high as older material. There's something about that special that really just makes me laugh, he's probably the most pissed off in that one, just insulting modern America and man in general, and his final tyrade about religion and God is great.

That being said, the one any newcomer to Carlin should start with is "Jammin in New York" IMO.
Quote by rizo299
"To: North Korea

Hey Kim DONG Il. Got nukes yet? DIDN'T THINK SO.

Here's some help with getting one built.

GOATSE.CX

Your pal Obama"

Quote by jpgilbert701
George Carlin is incredible. He is a legend in stand up comedy not like dane cook and carlos mencia. People like him and Richard Pryor are really masters at what they do and did in Pryor's case.

You my man, speak the truth.
Quote by jpgilbert701

+1

Pryor is ****in hilarious....and you know who else? Bill Cosby. That guy's old standup is lawl-ing

Im listening to You All Are Diseased now.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
I love George Carlin. One of my favorites shows of his is "Toledo Window Box" That was my introduction to Carlin.
“Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.”
Okay.
This is a tough one.

Whiney old bitch I liked when I was 10 only because he swore a lot.

or

Guy who has stolen two jokes, reuses his own a lot. But knows how to tell stories and knows how to tell jokes well.

I'll go with the latter. But if anyone asks, Rodney Dangerfield.

EDIT: Come to think of it, it's a tie between the two for me. But still. Rodney Dangerfield.
Last edited by BME at Nov 25, 2007,
^ the only reason i read thru this thing was to see if anyone had posted the baseball vs football thing. all i can say is: thank you.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.